Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

First Bad Storms For Europe

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Fishtigua, Nov 12, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Some really bad storms have hit Europe this week.

A 34m Tug went out to guide a large ferry/cargo ship into Rotterdam harbour and was caught by big winds and capsized with 2 crew missing.

The Kiel Canal was also shut down . A local large Freighter took 11 hours to pass 24 miles to get from our Island to another and had to anchor off overnight before making 3 attempts to dock.

Not nice weather here.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hi5CgFZH9nn0ZMVemsHGfD_1KLGw?docId=5102812
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It has been bad further to the east as well, I was stuck in traffic on Thursday evening on highway I like to use because there is never much traffic on it for an hour in pouring rain and high winds, I am very glad however that I was not driving in Holland at the time with things like this going on.

Extract from posted Article:

The windy weather also hit commuters on their drive home, with a total of 420 kilometres (The windy weather also hit commuters on their drive home, with a total of 420 kilometres (260 miles) of traffic jams on Dutch roads — double the usual amount, motorists' organization ANWB said.

Remember Holland is only a very small country.