Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights Click for Walker

Name The Builder Connections

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtPhoto1, Nov 8, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtPhoto1

YachtPhoto1 New Member

Ahoy! What a funtastic group out here!!! Enjoy the discussions. A few years back, while staying on the island of Moorea, French Polynesia, I came across a beautiful Sportfisher from Papeete, Tahiti, in the early morning and
    came away with some awesome photos. As I shot the photos, I noticed that nobody was on board (or so it appeared) to ask who the builder of this 61' sportfisher was. Upon my return home I sent off some inquiries to the US builders of this type of sportfishing yacht to see who built this one. Came back with blanks. I then resorted to some of the "connections" I had made during my stay. When I contacted the general manager for "Monoi Oils", I not only found out who the builder was, but also who the owner was and lots of other info. Turns out, this was none other than a "Buddy Davis" that had been custom built for daily charters and lots of billfish tournaments in the waters of French Polynesia. Thus, it pays to make some contacts with various individuals while you are out and about as you never know who, when or where you may receive much needed info from someday.

Ends up that these photos were used in the sales offices for this builder and I was offered a job to come aboard and sell their yachts on the left coast.

CHEERS!
  2. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

So, where are the photos?:)
  3. YachtPhoto1

YachtPhoto1 New Member

Hey ScotL

I'm guessing the photos are still on the walls of the boat builder. Each time I look at my enlargements of that boat, I wish I was back on Moorea, getting ready to shoot a few more yachts and consume a boatload of that great tasting Hinano Tahiti beer.