Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn

Yachts for Yachtsmen!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by AMG, Oct 26, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Oceanco was the first of these to use it?
    But now Oceanco seems to have replaced it with: "Yachts for Visionary Owners".

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

During the HISWA Tour, Oceanco MD Paris Baloumis (aka insurgent spy / tour driver) asked our opinion on the new tag-line... "Yachts for Visionary Owners". I thought the original "Yachts for Yachtsmen" was fine, but I think the yard wants to create a new perception paradigm, kind of an... "anything is possible approach".

Funny you caught Vicem's version. While proofing a PR on them yesterday, I saw this and kind of rolled my eyes. Oh wait, we have an emoticon for this!

... :rolleyes:
  3. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Perhaps "Yachtsmen", or "Yachtsman" is a dying breed due to modern times and a hint of sexism...?

Like the "Mailman" or indeed, the "Marlboroman".

Heck these days pilots are womenfolks and flight attendants are male, can't call it Cockpit any more...Some have suggested Box office, not sure if that will fly...:D
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I also think it has to do with the new ownership. I remember the previous owner asking if I liked the "Yachts for Yachtsmen" line before they implemented it, so it seems to have been his idea.
  5. Anderschou

Anderschou New Member

Better tag than "Yachts for Persons of Non-Specific Gender But With a Great Deal of Money", eh?

Anderschou
  6. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

There ya have it: Visionary Owner: One who snorts a few lines, meditates,
    lucid dreams, art, etc.
    That would be John Lennon.;)
  7. 84far

84far Senior Member

Hahaha! good one.

Maybe there trying to change there target audience...? The old tag might be putting the view across that you can only buy one of there yachts if your an experienced yachtsmen....?

Far