Click for Cross Click for Furuno Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Burger

Need your feedback...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Oct 18, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Guys (and gals)...

As part of our code re-write, I've enlarged YF's 'review format' to allow 900 pixel images in our reviews. Our standard is 800 pixels.

We limit image size for two reasons; to stop side scrolling for readers on smaller screens (or low, 800 x 600 res) and we also keep image sizes limited to save bandwidth for viewers that are charged by wireless ISP's, as well as allowing faster image downloads for people on slower connections, i.e., dial-up or offshore connections (V-Sat, etc).

I have some other reasons for doing this that are related to SEO, but that's not the purpose of this thread. I need your feedback. I work on a pair of 21" linked screens, but I can't see the same thing you are seeing if you're on a 12" net book, or a 27" large screen (I'm envious if you have the latter).

I'm posting an image of Lurssen's 'Northern Star' at 900 pixels. A review is forthcoming after we get aboard the boat at FLIBS (unlike a couple of websites that have posted the pics, but have never been aboard the boat!).

I need to see what you are seeing. If you have the digital ability, can you please post a screen shot of this page on another thread, located here...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/g...73-post-replies-feedback-here.html#post114545

This thread is in "review" format, so you can't post here. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

ttt...
  3. YachtForums

ttt...