Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross

Hyundai motoryachts

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by robsides, Sep 25, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. robsides

robsides New Member

Does anyone here have any experience or know anything about Hyundai yatchs? I know they are made in Korea but have found no reviews/surveys of them. There is a 1989 49ft on the market and would like to know if Hyundai can go from being the biggest steel ship builder to build a good glass yatch in 1989. Thanks for your help.
    Rob
  2. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

A quick google search for "Hyundai yachts" turned up 300k results. Spell check is your friend.
  3. robsides

robsides New Member

ScotL Thanks so much for your help, sorry my right hand is broken--slow and poor typist with left hand. non of the google posts are from happy hyundai boat owners or are previous/existing surveys. Thanks again for your positive attitude and help concerning hyundai boats.
  4. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I've been there with the broken hand problem. It is not much fun. I doubt you will find a survey online. I did notice that they are odd looking boats. Kind of like there are parts that were just afterthoughts. Good luck on your search.
  5. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Sounds like you read my recent listing. The short answer to your question is "Yes". Having crawled through this boat and spending the time conversing with the owner and using my own eyeballs, plus plugging in over thirty years of experience in crawling through everybody else's stuff, Hyundai acquitted itself well, IMHO.
    'Course, it may not be the prettiest boat ever built.

PM me if you'd like specifics.