Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Cross

The sea does give up it's dead

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by NYCAP123, Sep 15, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

2. Ward

Ward Senior Member

3. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

We scattered my grandfather's ashes in the Great Salt Pond out on Block Island (RI)... In full view of the harbormaster, who saw what we were doing and politely looked away.

Can't imagine going through what this family has gone through, and my yet be going through.

However, from an old family album...

Attached Files:

4. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

"Coleman-Wright told the Sun Sentinel that Sharon Lasky did consult with a company in North Carolina about the burial, and subcontractors in Florida ultimately handled it. "The burial would have been successful if Lasky's body hadn't floated back to the surface," she said."

Now there is a woman with a firm grasp of the obvious. LOL
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Just a minor glitch. :eek:
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

This was in the MSNBC article.

Coleman-Wright told the Sun Sentinel that Sharon Lasky did consult with a company in North Carolina about the burial, and subcontractors in Florida ultimately handled it. "The burial would have been successful if Lasky's body hadn't floated back to the surface," she said.

Maybe they should look here to get some gear to help with future contracts.

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/111637-post1.html
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I used to know some guys in Brooklyn & lower Manhattan with a good track record of things not floating back up.;)
  8. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i had looked up the rules a while back, i think you have to be 2 NM off shore. no depth minimum for ashes but it had to be pretty deep for non cremated bodies which had permanently weighted... no permits but the USCG and EPA have to be notified within a certain time frame. there has to be a bureaucrat somewhere paid to archive coffins locations!

i guess this fellow didnt' like the location and wanted to ride the stream to move further away from So FL... maybe they shouldn't have buried him so close to the sewer pipes :)