Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Perko

Stellarium

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by MKM Membership Revoked, Jul 23, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Does someone use this wonderful celestial software to navigate?
    or even plan a navigation direction conditions from somewhere else at home? It is all online dynamic and has all necessary to like seeing the skies at nude eye, or even more. I did not put the link here obviously.

Well, i do not use to navigate, but to see the stars' entities in my area how are positioned to go better beaching. Anyway it is a very complete and good planetarium at home for nothing more than a good Laptop. A complement to Google Earth, I would say in space part.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Not having been to sea myself for a few years I cant say 100%, but I am about to embark on as new voyage

One thing I can however say is that without a flag state approved risk assessment you will get no relief from Paper Charts and celestial nav as a backup. Valid as of 07/2010
  3. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Ahhh, you're just getting starry-eyed about the good old times. What was it like back in your day, sir? :D