Click for Glendinning Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Burger

Admin question

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by lightspeed72, Jul 18, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. lightspeed72

lightspeed72 New Member

Hi,

I am curious, under the Motor Yacht section, where you have all the manufacturers listed, I was surprised not to see Viking/Princess listed as one among the many. Would it be possible to see them there, as they are one of my favorite designs and boats.

Cheers!
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

There's a number of builders that we don't maintain forums for, usually due to a lack of information. Or worse, cooperation. In the case of Princess, I've had more contact with deceased relatives than anyone at Princess. And it hasn't been a lack of effort on our behalf's. I've sent numerous inquiries for information over the years, included them in our updates, stats, etc. Never had a single response. As they say, "you can lead a horse to water..."

On the re-badged, Americanized, Viking version, it's been a similar ordeal. The US marketing director for the sportyacht division has made promises over the years, but never made good. On the other hand, there are some very astute marketing directors that really do appreciate our medium and they are using YF to bolster sales. We have forums for them. ;)
  4. lightspeed72

lightspeed72 New Member

Wow, I am really surprised to hear that. I did write Princess HQ in the UK and did not get a response, however, Viking USA replied immediately and showed really good customer service. But then again, a forum is not a potential paying customer, though they are jammed packed with them...such as myself. Oh well. :rolleyes:
  5. ArcanisX

ArcanisX Senior Member

Surely, a renowned yacht-specific forum is not a potential paying customer, but it has a group of them. :D
  6. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

LOL! That's a good one, Carl.
    Arnie
    :)
  7. lightspeed72

lightspeed72 New Member

Lol....Seriously. After all, it is not like we have money or anything you know....we are just here to day dream. It would be a waste for them to pitch their product here. Move along, just gov't assisted unemployed people here. Heh heh.