Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Comfort Click for JetForums Click for Westport

Engine Room Floor Conditioning product?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by tonymaz, Jul 6, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. tonymaz

tonymaz New Member

I was wondering what you guys use to condition the rubber floor panels in your engine room. I've been using 303 aerospace protectant, it works ok. Any better suggestions?
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Using Polished Stainless Steel Diamond Plate negates the need to do very much.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Be careful with that. Almost anything you use to pretty up rubber will make it slippery. Best thing is to replace it. Diamond plate like K1W1 suggests is great, but hard on the feet and worse on the knees if in a smaller engine room where you have to get down. It also loses its shine when certain chemicals hit it.
  4. ychtcptn

ychtcptn Senior Member

We've been buffing ours out with a good marine grade cleaner wax, like 3m or Maguires. Comes out nice and shiny, and no problems with it being slippery unless its wet.
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That's one heck of a caveat on a boat. (or your shoes are)
  6. CaptPKilbride

CaptPKilbride Senior Member

303 is the best stuff I have found for doing rubber surfaces like this. It has protectants, makes it look good, and doesnt feel greasy to the touch when it is dry like Armor All does.
  7. Minnow

Minnow New Member

I have used mop n glo which gives good results on the black raised coin vinyl/rubber type deck coverings, easy application with a product soaked rag and some elbow grease.