Click for Furuno Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning

Hi, new guy here...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by clockwerk09, Jun 4, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. clockwerk09

clockwerk09 New Member

currently auburn, Al. moving soon to the mobile ar
    Hey everyone sorry I couldn't find a introduction thread. I'm new to the site, check out my profile its pretty detailed. Other things I didn't include, I like the big luxurious yachts, but I don't ever aspire to own one. I don't even aspire to be rich, of I ever was I would give most of it away. I just want to learn about boating, and one day get a modest boat to cruise around in. Just something I can enjoy with my future family. That's about it just wanted to introduce my self.
    God Bless
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Welcome to YF.

You should find some interesting reading amongst all the posts here.

There are two subjects that are not written about a lot here - Religion and Politics are not yacht related topics for discussion in any depth.
  3. clockwerk09

clockwerk09 New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I don't want to push religion on anyone, just want to learn about boats lol.
  4. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

You've come to the right place. Welcome.
  5. clockwerk09

clockwerk09 New Member

Thanks I appreciate it.
  6. really think your dreams are allright. Hope you concretize them. Welcome, if you have specific questions, don't be in doubt to ask. About boats here can be good an approach. :)
  7. clockwerk09

clockwerk09 New Member

Thanks, I want to do research on all kinds of boats, but I would like to start with what I have in mind. Maybe you guys could give me some names, and price range, so I can start researching those. Here is what im looking for: Me and my fiance are looking to move to the Mobile area in about 2-3 years. When ever she gets done with school. So I would just need something to cruise around Mobile Bay. Nothing really huge or fancy maybe in the 25'-35' range. Something that would be very reliable, very comfortable, and still have some room topside to do some fishing. I know that's probably not really considered a yacht but. Thanks in advance for any advise you guys could give me.
  8. josaver

josaver Senior Member

Welcome home
  9. clockwerk09

clockwerk09 New Member

Thanks I appreciate it.
  10. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Welcome to YF!
    :)
  11. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn about boats and the boating lifestyle. I hope you stay around awhile. As a point of interest, I lived in Auburn for 9 years of my life while attenting the university in the early 90's in the engineering school and then again from 97-02 in the school or architecture. I still get down there periodically. Lovliest village on the plains. War Eagle!
  12. clockwerk09

clockwerk09 New Member

Thanks for the hospitality everyone. That's awesome I like it up here, I just want to be around the coast. I got some family that live here. You might know my uncle he used work out of the extension service. Testing chemicals, things like that, his name is Ron Smith. War Eagle! Thanks again everyone.
  13. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Nope, I don't believe I ever met your uncle, but then Auburn is not the small town it was just 15 years ago. You might just spot some nice yachts around Mobile. I know Octopus spent some time there several years ago along with a slew of smaller, yet still beautiful boats. You will also enjoy the Mardi Gras! Mobile is home to the oldest Mardi Gras in the United States. If the oil spill dosent ruin the gulf you will also enjoy alot of great seafood at a number of places along the water. Good luck with your future plans.