Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

The Stock Market and YachtForums...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, May 25, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

It's almost like being tied to the same index. When the market takes a plunge, YF dries up. Today, activity in the forums has been lethargic. A few minutes ago, I turned on the TV and found out why. Thankfully, I'm flat right now. Have been for a few weeks because I'm working on a project that's requiring my undivided.

Hope the rest of you guys aren't getting your boat rocked!
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

At lunchtime today I was following a live webchat on http://www.timesonline.co.uk with bankers, economists and international commentators.

The news was not what one would call uplifting; the Greek economy takes a dirt nap, Spain on the brink as yet another regional bank shuffles off to dark and smelly place, Asian markets have a breakfast of downward facing red arrows and Hillary Clinton checking in with the Chinese to see if there is any Credit left.

As Goverment Quantative Easing (lending money to banks and businesses with a future about as bright as a 5W bulb) is drying up and GDP growth at around 0.2 to 0.3% for G8 countries and a double dip recession looming.

So the big question is...........

Does anyone want to swap my Boston Whaler 13' with a nearly new Force 25hp for a Feadship? :D
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It has been very quiet on here today, I just put it down to a mid week lull. I guess all the bad news emanating from the stock markets has not done anything to help the yachting community sit down and write yachting things, so that could be a reason.

Dave - You should have spent your lunchtime coming on here and giving the world the benefit of your experiences rather than getting depressed about owning a Force Outboard.
  4. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Thanks mate,

May the Force be with you.

No, really, take the bloody thing away. :rolleyes:
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

That was cold!

Dave, I'm visiting K1W1 in Germany next month. I'll smack him for you, but you've gotta pay my hospital bill.
  6. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Carl, call me. I've got airmiles to use. Do they cover air ambulances?