Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for MotorCheck Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross

Tiger Woods Yacht "Privacy"...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Dec 14, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Tiger Woods Gets His "Privacy"

The following sequence of pictures are pretty cool, but I found them somewhat ironic at the same time. Tiger bought a 155' Christensen in search of "Privacy", a boat that would take him miles offshore. Turns out, all he needed to do was join the "mile-high" golf club!

With the exception of the helicopter that took these shots... Tiger Woods finally got his "Privacy".

Attached Files:

2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Did you know this Hotel is 321 m (1.050 feet) high!! :eek:
  3. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Top Shelf

That's the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Abu Dubai, eh?
    Unlike Tiger, a bit overrated.
    (Is that really him?? :rolleyes: )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

5. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

When in Rome...

..., (or Dubai, as the case may be), you'll also want to visit the local yacht club, no?

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

One of YF's members sent me pictures of Tiger Woods "Privacy" departing Old Port Cove Marina in North Palm Beach. According to a local captain with a good sense of humor... "the yacht headed out the inlet with a hot blonde on the bow and took a course directly toward Sweden." :D

Then, this Press Release came across my desk...

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

Par for the course...

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Tiger Woods said he let his family down with "transgressions" he regrets "with all of my heart," and that he will deal with his personal life behind closed doors.

His statement Wednesday follows a cover story in Us Weekly magazine that reports a Los Angeles cocktail waitress claims she had a 31-month affair with the world's No. 1 golfer.

His wife "Elin" has been very understanding in the matter. Here she is seen standing by her man...

Attached Files:

8. YachtForums

9. Adventure

Adventure New Member

I see the route it took was a bit odd, it went South before heading North
  10. YachtForums

Lake Worth inlet is south of Old Port Cove, so yes... it headed south before going north. BUT... the statement on direction was made tongue-in-cheek.
  11. Adventure

Adventure New Member

I was refering to it's AIS. It reported for about an hour and showed it offshore heading South then North.
  12. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

13. ychtcptn

ychtcptn Senior Member

Here lies the problem for AIS and private yachts! It was easy to track her when she left port and it is only a matter of time before she shows up somewhere else and the AIS spotters catch her. Between AIS and the internet these yachts can run, but they cannot hide!
    Did you happen to notice if she had a destination plugged in to her AIS? In my experience most yachts either forget or are ignoring the destination input of the machines.
  14. Yacht News

This is why it was 'tongue in cheek'...
  15. Adventure

Adventure New Member

There was no current destination info on the AIS.
  16. YachtForums

I've just removed a post that was in bad taste. If others think the P-Shopped and Puttered image of Tiger is also questionable, I'll remove this as well.
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It was humorous for a day, but spousal abuse isn't real funny. Wish the whole media would get onto something new before my (dead) grandmother starts claiming she was with him. I'd vote for pulling it.
  18. brunick

brunick Senior Member

ever thought about the yachts name? "privacy" - maybe something he wanted but will never have :D
  19. Yacht News

I remember when "Privacy" was here in Barbados when he got married here. The Christensen created quite a stir. Malicious jet skis and watercraft constantly tried to pull up close and ask the crew lots of questions. I am guessing privacy was maintained!
  20. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Has any spousal abuse has been validated?.....that is beyond the highly documented abuse of trust, reputation and respect. I must admit that upon first seeing the photoshop image i laughed out loud.

I can only imagine how it must feel to be so publicly betrayed and to the extent Mrs. Woods has. I think even the coolest woman might want to drive a couple of Tiger's balls! Having said that, if the photo were of a battered wife at the hands of a male, the imediate reaction would probably be much more shocking and offensive. The term double-standard comes to mind.

Having said that, the image was obviously constructed as a humorous visual to what eveyone was thinking had, (or perhaps should have) happened. I don't take any pleasure in the family debacle (especially since children will suffer ramifications), but it happened, everyone knows it happened, and everyone is left to ponder it one way or the other. I think a little humor as opposed to all the "hard" news is refreshing. The image was so exagerated it had to be funny. When I first saw the thread, I was hoping it might be the start of some ongoing creativity and laughs.

As moderator you have to make the call, and I would support any decision you make, but I must admit it is nice to visit my favorite site and get to Look, Learn and Laugh!