Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Furuno

Legacy Trawler ID

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by artjeyes, Mar 14, 2007.

1. artjeyes

artjeyes New Member

Looking for help identifying a boat and getting any available information on it. The boat is by Legacy built in 1990 and the model is Viking 32. As far as I can tell few of these were built. I have seen two. One has single forward cabin and one has a forward cabin and an aft cabin. I will attach a picture of the single cabin variant below. Please let me know if you have any info on this model and if you have seen any of them...
    Thanks Art

Attached Files:

2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

A review of the soldboats database turns up only one 1990 boat-the one you have pictured. Listed are 3 sales of that same specimen @ $38k in 2002, $41.5K in 2003 and $72K in 2006. She sounds like she's been a pretty good investment for her previous owners, as boats go. There seem to be 2 others, listed as 1992 boats. One in Fl. that looks like the 1990 above, and one on the west coast in Wa. pictured below.

Attached Files:

3. artjeyes

artjeyes New Member

Thanks ... appreciatre the help...

Art
  4. artjeyes

artjeyes New Member

That is interesting. On closer inspection, this is a third variant. This one doesn't have the lounge aft of the helm extended to the gunwales, it looks like there are walkways all the way aft to the aft cockpit. The pilothouse on this also looks further aft (extra porthole for the forward cabin)... wonder if legacy was building a series of experiments in an effort to see if there was a market for them. I contacted legacy and was not able to get any info from them... it is a really well made boat... and I am happy to have her.... when I bought her, she had just had a $10,000 worth of glass cockpit upgrades done, in addition to a new heart 3KW inverter and new steering... and now I have brought her up to Maryland. I have had her out for short periods when it warms up, but am waiting for warmer weather to give her a good shakedown.

The plot thickens....

Does soldboats have all the pictures of the listing that you sent?

I really appreciate the help with my mystery.

Art
  5. boatbum

boatbum New Member

Legacy trawler models

If you are still looking I can fill you in on all of the Legacy models, which are still being manufactured....In fact I own one....fabulous boat for this current fuel cost environment....cruise along with a fuel burn of 6 tenths of one gallon per hour ! BOATBUM
  6. Will S.

Will S. New Member

Legacy

Boatbum: Hey yes I sure would like to have as much knowledge as you have on the Legacy Yachts 32 MKII. This is the one that looks very neat as a tug with smoke stack and trawler bridge. Has the Master birth in the stern and the other a V-birth upfront. She has the galley and the lounge and chart table and a very open concept with 360 % views all around in the midsection of her. The only one I found was in Kenosha, Wisconsin in the spring of 2007 and was sold as fast as she was put on the market. I too wrote to Legacy who did not help much at all. Its like they really didn't want to say much about them.

So, since then I've been waiting to find out more about these fine looking boats and to learn where I may even be able to at least see one up close and personal. Question did Legacy Yachts actually make these boats ? OR was there another company that did and just called them Legacy Yachts and went out of business ?

You are a big find for me. So, please when you can. Tell me more about this particular model. Like, how many are there approx. Where most of them seem to be. What kind of prices on them now. If any are available for sale. The one I found had a Perkins 50 hp diesel engine in her. Model M50 and the boat too was as a 1990. I would really thank you. How many years did they build them ? Why did they stop ?

Will S.
  7. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Legacy 32 Double ender

Hey Will,

I have a Legacy 32 Mark III built in 1990. It is a good boat although I have used it much less than I should. I have a blog at legacy32.blogspot.com that has pictures and all of the information I have been able to find out on the line. If you have any particular questions or would be in my area (Portland Oregon), let me know. You can get my email from my profile.

Dan G
  8. Will S.

Will S. New Member

Popeye:

You are a lucky guy to have one of these boats. I would love to find out more about yours and about this line of craft and if any are for sale. Oregon is a little far for me to visit, Milwaukee, Wisconsin,. However, pictures and writing is fast and and easy.

I happen to see one of these for sale on Yacht world a couple years ago now and have always kept the add and the pictures of her. Of course the boat was sold asap. by the broker handling the sale. I wrote to the borker and got nothing in return for them. They must of taken their phone off the hook because of so many calls about this boat they had for sale. Here is Wisconsin is where this one I saw was for sale. However, since then I had no luck at all until your note. About find more info and where to find out more about these neat boats. Thanks Popeye ( Dan ) for your reply. I did try to reply to your message by using your site too.

Will S.
  9. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Legacy 32

Will,

I found the boat on Craig's list, of all things, north of Boston. I had never heard of it before that but it was just what I had wanted. I like double enders and displacement speeds are fine with me. And I did not have a huge sum to spend. I corresponded for about a month then flew out to see her. A couple weeks later we had a deal. She was for sale for about 2 months, maybe 3 at the most.

Popeye sold to me for $50,000 in Massachusetts and it cost $8,000 to have her trucked to Oregon. She has some problems with leaks in the house that I still have not cured but that is about it. I have put in a chart plotter, depth sounder and radar and a new windlass. I have not used her as much as I planned but much has changed since fall of 2007.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dan
  10. boatbum

boatbum New Member

Sorry about that Will.

I was the guy that beat you to the Legacy, sold in Wisconsin. If you send me an e-mail address, I will give you the first call, when we are ready to move up. I have a very complete library of pictures and upgrades, should you wish to view any of those. Boatbum
  11. topherlaf

topherlaf New Member

If anyone is looking for info on these boats I just moved into the shop right next to the owner/builder of these boats...pretty impressive
  12. Legacy Tug

Legacy Tug New Member

I just bought a 1990 MK II last Spring in Chesapeake, Va and steered her to her new home in upstate New York. Not many of these out there from what I am seeing. Just wanting to know if anyone else currently has one?
  13. Chris4688

Chris4688 New Member

DSCF4756_2.jpg
    I have what I believe is the last 32 Mark III trawler made by Legacy Yachts, Inc., Largo, Florida. Whisper is a 2011 model and is currently for sale on Lake Erie.