Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Ocean Alexander

Mezzanine Retrofit on 54' to 60' SF?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by NewSouthSailor, Sep 19, 2012.

1. NewSouthSailor

NewSouthSailor New Member

Dear All

I am currently having a close look at SFs in the mentioned range. A few Hatteras 54 and Bertram 57 (570) are at the top of my list.

A mezzanine is important for us in terms of "cruising comfort" and many of the "older" models don't have it.

What is your opinion or experience regarding a mezzanine retrofit on these boats? Does anybody have experience? A ballpark number how much it could cost?

As always: Thank you in advance for your knowledgeable answers!

Best, NSS
  2. aviator4512

aviator4512 Member

3. NewSouthSailor

NewSouthSailor New Member

Excellent information. This looks like a very nice job and a good place to ask for more details.

Thank you!
  4. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

I've added mezanines to two 61 Vikings and a 60 Bertram. It really boils down to what you want to use the boat for, personally I found the cockpit a bit too small for serious fishing when the mezanines were added. If you want to fish the boat you may be better off building some seating into the prep centers than adding a mezanine.
  5. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

The idea of a mezzanine appeals to me, though the cost is probably way up there. Any figure you could give on this Shazam?
    Beside cost, my other concern would be safety. The Jarret Bay 55 looks like it was a first class project, but if you imagine stepping up to the seats you have no hand holds or railing at all. One slip or a quartering sea and it would be MOB!