Click for Delta
Click for Christensen
Click for Burger
Click for Trinity
Click for Alexseal
Click for DeAngelo
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT & BOAT FORUMS > SportFish Yachts > General Sportfish Discussion > 62 Striker HELP

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

62 Striker HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

62 Striker HELP

Anyone know about the Striker 62 sport fisher I'm looking at one to buy but need someone who has owned or knows about Aluminum built boats, Also it has the DD 12v92 TI 1050 hp with 1900 hours Thanks
Marlin man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I used to run/manage/and maintain a 1991 58' Striker SF. What exactly is it that you're looking to know about them?????
Capt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have a smaller and older Striker.

Your main concerns will be be paint, potential corrosion and potential metal fatigue. None of these are a big deal if you know it going in.
Make sure the CAPAC meter is functioning properly.

FYI: Most if not all REAL Strikers were built overseas and as such are not eligible for use as charter boats in the US. I say real because there are some knockoffs that were built but not by Striker.
jhall767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall767 View Post
I have a smaller and older Striker.

Your main concerns will be be paint, potential corrosion and potential metal fatigue. None of these are a big deal if you know it going in.
Make sure the CAPAC meter is functioning properly.

FYI: Most if not all REAL Strikers were built overseas and as such are not eligible for use as charter boats in the US. I say real because there are some knockoffs that were built but not by Striker.
The 62's were all built in Holland or most of them. The 58' I ran was built by Burger Yachts in Palm Beach under supervision of Striker. I was under the impression that Striker built the 50'< here when they had their own yard?
Capt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

AFAIK All the 44's were built in Norway and shipped here. The larger ones vary on their build locations. Striker Yachts in Florida did a number of customs that included lifting strakes, afterplanes, covering the lower windshield and forward storage boxes. It seems like they did this to most of them. And of course the towers were all custom. Thomas De Groot, the designer, is still available to help you build one. Other companies/people seem to pop up from time to time willing to build one for you. Mr De Groot was very helpful to me with some of the issues I have had with my boat.

Just wanted to make sure the OP knows to verify where the boat was built in case they hope to charter. Even if the boat was used for charter that doesn't mean it was actually eligible. Mine was used for charter back in the 80's.
jhall767 is offline   Reply With Quote