Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

Do you know this Trimaran?

Discussion in 'General Catamaran Discussion' started by Ricky Venter, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Ricky Venter

Ricky Venter New Member

Hi there. I need some help identifying the make, model and year of a second hand trimaran I am interested in restoring. I've uploaded some pix with this thread maybe one of the esteemed and highly learned fellow forum members know what this is? Maybe have a pic or two of one of these in ship shape condition?:D

Attached Files:

2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It has a very home made look about it.

Hopefully one of the multihull fans here might recognize its lines and pipe up.

Good Luck with the rebuild, it looks like you will need it.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I understand when some of the guys here find a piece of metal in a yard and rebuild it into a Roamer or other classic. I think some are crazy for getting into the projects, but I appreciate that they do. Sometimes though .......
    I particularly wounder about what looks like the last few feet of that port sponson wanting to leave the rest of the boat. I agree with K1W1 about it looking homemade or possibly even a kit boat. Good luck.
  4. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

Looks very much like an old home built Piver. Before you go any further read up on Arthur Piver interesting guy with some interesting ideas.
  5. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

You might consider this one...far less work than that mess :eek:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110653682552&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123#v4-41
  6. 84far

84far Senior Member

K1W1, straight to the point ;)

Ricky Venter, at the end of the day you'll spend 10-15g on the boat... I would suggest to find something around the 10g price tag, that doesn't need much work... maybe a paint job or something.... that boat will empty your bank account by just looking at it. Even my credit card ran and hide. Cheers

Far
  7. Ricky Venter

Ricky Venter New Member

Thanks for all the replies. After much consideration I have decided that I might have to reconsider this labour of love... or maybe insanity. :) We can close the book on this one for now. I have an unfounded love for trimarans so I'll continue looking. Maybe I'll find something that's in a lesser state of disrepair that would be easier to restore. Till then, I'll keep lurking around the pages of yachtforums and keep you posted if I find anything.
  8. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

A wise decision. :)
  9. onelio

onelio New Member