Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for MotorCheck Click for Burger Click for Abeking

vintage 1961 61ft Van lent "TIKY" (aka LENTEN ROSE & ALTO VOLANTE)

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by david_japp, Mar 18, 2006.

1. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

I have recently bought Tiky , a 61ft Van Lent built in 1961, and we are now embarking on a virtual rebuild of this very attractive vintage motoryacht in Majorca. I have her history back to the late 1980's, when she was owned by Lord Normanton and kept in the Med, but can find nothing on her before that, except that her first owner was a Mr Fishcher who kept her in Muiden in Holland.. she has a very distinctive flared bow and cruiser stern, and was built with an open helm and bridge-deck (but later had a pilothouse added.) Her photo is on the Feadship website for 1961 but unfortunately Feadship have little info on her. Does anyone know anything about her or her history?
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Congratulations to a nice Feadship! I only have the picture with open bridge and it says she is 18.00 M, or 59.1 feet.

Here is your beauty in YachtForums Classic Feadship Gallery;
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/210-post69.html

If you have a picture of her with the present look, please post it here and maybe somebody will tell you more...:)
  3. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

Thanks..I have been trying to attach a pic but for soem reason cant..Ill try again
  4. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

Tiky Alto

Incidentally, meant to add, Tiky's dimensions on the Feadship site are in fact incorrect...the plan shows 61ft and she was in fact built at almost 62ft,,,,just goes to show[..here is a pic of her as she is today Alto at sea amended i#D6D80.jpg
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

She looks OK with the pilothouse as well and certainly more practical, but if it was me....:)

About the length, maybe you are both right. If they used the figure from the registered length, it is normally just the enclosed deck, without overhang.
    Good to know when you are hiring a slip, show the papers with the lowest figure...;)
  6. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

I did consider removing the P/H but even in the Med you need shelter - it's normally so hot that need shade or cold/wet, particularly at night on passage so I figured we'd need at least a bimini type top ,,,so might as well leav the P/H in place but maybe shorten it and open up the back like a 1950's Chris craft..as per this digital artiste's impression

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi David and welcome to YachtForums. When I saw your post... a 61' Feadship... I had to take look twice. A Feadship with double-digit length is not seen very often, unless of course it goes back a few years. ;)

TIKY is absolutely beautiful! I am hopeful that one of our readers will be able to share more information with you. In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy a "recent" trip down memory lane. This is Lucia...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/feadship-yacht/2079-feadship-yachts-lucia.html?highlight=feadship

All the splendor of yesteryear. All the technology of today. And a history/lineage that inspires novels. Enjoy. :)
  8. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

Lucia is indeed a gem. Is she yours? Unless I am mistaken she was for sale a while back and I considered buying her, but she was out of my budget and I rather fancied an older "restoration" project. When I say, "restoration" I really mean "rebuild". Tiky had been very poorly maintained over many years and the last refit was in the mid 1980s. We have already installed bow thrusters, new stabilizers, new shafts, stripped out of the engine room ready for 2 "new" Gardners to replace the seized original MANs and then rewiring and replumbing. We are redesigning and building 2 new heads, altering the galley, replacing the aircon and all soft furnishings. And that's just the start! The hull was more or less OK other some doublers which I'll be replacing at phase 2 other than the bow which was very bad below the w/l in the way of the chain locker , and urgently needed to be entirley replaced
  9. jcarldavid

jcarldavid New Member

How is the restoration coming along? Do you have any interest in selling her? She is a beautiful vessel.
  10. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

I looked up TIKY in my new The Feadship Story book and all it gives is a length of 61' in the specs section. But in the body of the text (p. 72) it says that this was the fourth feadship the owner built.

Great lines, enjoy this classic beauty.
  11. Noa Ramot

Noa Ramot New Member

_ hi david we have the tiki from 1959 , that was also owned by the same family , so if you have more info , I will be happy to read
  12. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

This thread is more than 10 yrs old, the boat it refers to has been fully restored and is out there doing what it was designed to do.
  13. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member