Click for McConaghy
Click for MotorCheck
Click for Ocean Alexander
Click for Walker
Click for Nordlund
Click for Moonen
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT & BOAT FORUMS > Motor Yachts > Feadship Yacht > Feadship "Gallant Lady"

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Feadship "Gallant Lady"

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
YF News Associate

Feadship "Gallant Lady"

The 2007 "Gallant Lady" is up for sale and up to this point I had never seen any interior pics of her. I have found two, for those who have been in the same predicament as myself. Just gives an idea...

http://www.oceanindependence.com/yac...le.php?id=2660
Yacht News is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
RER

Yes, interior photos are scarce. It went up on Yachtworld in November... with the same two interior photos, and deck layouts. Not my cup of tea but I've never been accused of having any taste.
RER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Interior photos

I seemed to recall seeing a bunch of interior shots somewhere and found them again at a magazine review. http://www.******************.com/me...-of-feadships/
Riknpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

About interiors, it would nice and funny to see pictures of Tribů, Benetton's yacht. A model of Minimalism style.
ancora 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
YF News Associate

Okay, keep the discussion to "Gallant Lady" to ensure the thread isn't de-railed.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
MKM Membership Revoked

OMG, the interior of 'gallant Lady' seems to rich people in asylums. horrible. Incredible horrifying textures and ugly neo-renascentist.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

she's been at Atlantis Nassau for the past few weeks at least... along with a Viking SF also named Gallant Lady docked in front. then friday, i noticed a 3rd Gallant Lady, a 65 viking Sport Cruiser, docked behind...
Pascal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
YF News Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKM
OMG, the interior of 'gallant Lady' seems to rich people in asylums. horrible. Incredible horrifying textures and ugly neo-renascentist.
Just remember the yacht's interior was not conceptualized with your personal taste and preferences in mind. Your opinon is valid but keep an open mind.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
MKM Membership Revoked

^^ ok, sorry my own feelings. I forgot we our in a forum.
I will be more political taste acceptance mind next time.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal
she's been at Atlantis Nassau for the past few weeks at least... along with a Viking SF also named Gallant Lady docked in front. then friday, i noticed a 3rd Gallant Lady, a 65 viking Sport Cruiser, docked behind...
Yes one of the smaller boats......either the 65 vsc or the 65 sf, travels with each megayacht. Any idea why she's being sold and they're keeping the old Gallant Lady the 1987ish 172' Feadship? I know Moran passed back in 2005ish.......but why deliver this one and then put it for sale a few years later. They did that with the 160' Delta, now Newvida, because Jim Moran ended up not liking the Delta and always stayed on the Feadship......and they ordered this Feadship to replace the Delta.
Capt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
YF News Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt J
Yes one of the smaller boats......either the 65 vsc or the 65 sf, travels with each megayacht. Any idea why she's being sold and they're keeping the old Gallant Lady the 1987ish 172' Feadship? I know Moran passed back in 2005ish.......but why deliver this one and then put it for sale a few years later. They did that with the 160' Delta, now Newvida, because Jim Moran ended up not liking the Delta and always stayed on the Feadship......and they ordered this Feadship to replace the Delta.
Well here is the Delta "Newvida" (ex. "Gallant Lady")...the interior might have been changed up a bit since being sold but I can still see some common points like the spindles on the stairway railings, it seems similar to that on the 2007 Feadship.

http://www.fraseryachts.com/Charter/...chtID=Y4205_FL
Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

I guess that MKM is.....

going to think that I am but one more in a long line of Ami swine with no taste and no culture, but...........well, I kinda like those two interior pics. On the other hand, I also like Louis 14/16 decorating tastes, and find rococo German/Austrian/Italian decorating fashions from one to three centuries ago painfully understated (!).

There, I said it! If I could afford a yacht llke that Feadship, it would look like Versailles" Hall of Mirrors! I can't help it.....!!
vlafrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
MKM Membership Revoked

^ok, no problem at all. Knowing the Most are like that, like 'Newvida' above, which as suggested me, i prefer to skip my opinion, because more flexibility in mind, i kind understand people getting finally a huge amount of money and making replicates of 'Versailles' or other Louis XV interiors, old fashioned resemblance what for a time in the last centuries was thought of huge quality and Kings' things and whatever, to be called until today 'art'. Do then an more 'Art-Deco' of 40ies interiors like the buildings in New York, instead immitating France, that is more design reliable taste. I just do not comprehend those 'high modern exteriors' with those 'old interiors' appearance' contrast. So why not doing a 'Nao' (Carrack or nau) really like 'Santa Maria' was?, also for exterior, that imo would be much more fitable, other than the sport Reebok shoe exterior.

But i quite understand people travelling with airplanes daily crossing oceans to see those castle and palaces, praying daily in ticket long quenue to see those 'still life museums'. Ok, then when people got the right money, they make replicas in their own yachts. Those interiors are difficult to 'carpentry' and do not says really of top high end quality of materials in terms of design, even close like 'Philippe Starck' approach, with use those elements in a clean contrast of mirrors and white dream things. I am just the opinion if you have really a lot of money to drop in a boat, regardless savings, why not deciding for the most high-fi-end definitions of technologies and design appearance, we have today availible spread in shelves, even with a step further in future, instead of using things of 200 years ago? in terms of design. Then you are really odd in ocean, when you could have been a particular top singular taste, like 'A' tried, nobody near enough. Every port you come, you are really unique. You got impressive, instead of just +1 in port...

Well, i prefer clean, modern, easy-using and feeling myself comfortable enough, sitting in white leather sofas and less wood inside to enjoy. But then many glass-chrome, Murano colors softly stylish object's touches, white granites, shinning stainless steel and so on. Because those old rococo things are really difficult to mantain, with so many holes, clean daily, those bed's covers are difficult to wash and so on. But as i said, each one has a preference. And imense spread tapestry welcome dust.

But maybe is because i am in Europe, saw already many old castle things, carving churchs, and can't stand them anymore...

Last edited by MKM Membership Revoked; 04-27-2010 at 06:00 AM..
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
YF News Associate

"Newvida" video. There is something you have to like about this yacht, external design, space, interior design and decor...

Motor Yacht Newvida - YouTube
Old 04-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacht News View Post
"Newvida" video. There is something you have to like about this yacht, external design, space, interior design and decor...

Motor Yacht Newvida - YouTube
I spent some time on Newvida many many years ago......Delta hull #808.There is not a lot about it that I like. It was very stable and quiet inside despite it's 6' draft. However, the Moran's didn't like a lot about it either and sold it a year or two after having it built and ordered the current Feadship 2007 that's for sale. I like the 1987 172' Feadship they had at the same time much better for various reasons.
Capt J is offline   Reply With Quote