Click for Westport Click for MotorCheck Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Cross

My new Fairline Squadron 78 in the build

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by T.K., Oct 3, 2007.

1. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

First pictures of my Fairline Squadron 78 in the build with a delivery date of December 2007.

Attached Files:

2. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Attached Files:

3. Gratton

Gratton Member

It will look great. Are they really on track for a Dec 2007 delivery? How would you rate your experience so far with Fairline ?
  4. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

What kind of wood is that TK-F430?
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Since this is TK's second Fairline in less than a year I'd say he rates his experience pretty high.

Thanks for the pics TK, it's great seeing the build develop.
  6. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Very nice Tarek. It is a nice upgrade from the last one.

Good luck and enjoy
  7. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

I had a chuckle when I saw that Tarek's new toy will complete in December of this year.
    As he has built one of these already, he knows what the process entails: kind of like the old saw, "As in politics & sausage-making, the end result may be pleasing, but the process is not for the faint-hearted." This especially applies to boatbuilding, in my experience.

He knows that the last four days of any new construction look like an achievement of the impossible. Way too many workers scurrying around, the boat looks half-built, never, ever going to finish on schedule, etc. If Tarek is the typical owner-to-be who is a hand-wringer, nail-biting worrywart, he will indeed be in his element.
    In spades.

The factory wants to get paid, but Tarek wants his boat to be built properly. [Cover-your-eyes icon]

As in most businesses, the end of the month is special; gotta finish the boat by the 31st. Not only is the 'end of the month' looming, but, OMG, the end of the year looms like a malevolent Sea Serpent, what with New Year's Eve falling on that last Monday.

When I was in the business of nailing boats together, we would have clients who wanted to come to the factory to observe the progress of their own builds.

"How about the end of the month?", they'd ask.
    "End of the month? You have to be joking! It's bedlam around here at that time", we'd exclaim.

"OK", he'd ask, "how about the first of the month?"

"No way", we'd answer, " all the stuff we couldn't finish by the end of the month gets done in the first couple of days of the following month".

"So", he'd gingerly inquire, " mid-month will be alright for me to come look at my boat ?"

"Aww, jeeze, that's even worse!"

True.

Best of luck, Tarek! :)
  8. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thank you. I guess they need to be on track. My Squadron will be exhibited in the London Boat Show on January 9th.
    This is my second Fairline in 2007. My first is a Phantom 48 which I still have, but she will be going soon. The boat is great and Fairline themselves are great to work with. They support their boats and provide excellent after-sales support. They fly out one of their service engineers whenever needed and requested by the client. They are always on call to answer any questions or solve any problems over the phone.
  9. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

That is walnut.
  10. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

It's a pleasure Kevin :)....thank YOU.

Tarek
  11. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thank you Graham.
  12. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Don't worry Loren.......I'm cool ;). I will keep you posted how the build proceeds.

Thanks Loren :).
  13. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Alright.. Tarek.. I have one statement to make...

Give me the 78 NOW!!

Lol, just kidding. The build process with the 48 was an amazing encounter...and now you have provided us with this...I am speechless...The 78 is amazing...that is all I can say...my goodness...Congrats Tarek.
  14. goplay

goplay Senior Member

Having been a critic of Fairlines older interiors in the past, the new interior looks very nice. The walnut with the gloss finish looks very sophisticated!

I can empathize with the new purchase: having bought a bought earlier this year, I too am looking for something bigger. I like how the Fairlines handle and the 78 would be a good size for the two of us. But being in CA, serious west coast boating (Alaska to Costa Rica with long stretches with no fuel) requires us to get something with really long range. The combination of good looks AND long range keeps eluding us!
  15. el_CAPeeTAN06

el_CAPeeTAN06 New Member

I hope you keep this baby for at least a year or your hobby is going to become much more expensive than it already is. :D

I think you should donate your phantom to someone on YF...share the love. ;)
  16. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

The archetypal manufacturer's truest words.:D

Must have photos of the powerplant, must have.....:)

There is still something almost magical about seeing anything composed of many parts being put together in to a functional finished product.
    Thank you for sharing.
  17. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thank you :)......she's all yours. Once she's here in Egypt, you and any member of Yachtforum are welcome on board any time for a cruise in the Red Sea.....it will be a pleasure.
    I will post more pictures as the build progresses.
  18. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

I agree with you 100% :D........this one needs to stay for a bit ;).
  19. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Will do :).
  20. Mets

Mets New Member

wow Tarek that looks awesome, it should be a great build! I'm actually looking for a boat this size so the photos are really helpful. I can't wait for your review.