Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn

The "Sea Deuce" 65 Donzi hull #4 - SOLD!

Discussion in 'Donzi/Roscioli Yacht' started by Bamboo, Dec 19, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

The "Sea Deuce" 65 Donzi hull #4 pics coming...
  2. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

some pics

Attached Files:

3. Manny

Manny Senior Member

Very nice! Hull #4 looks beautiful. where is the boat located?
  4. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Winters at Sailfish Marina Palm Beach Shores and summers in NY. A bit of time in the Bahamas also. She's got 1500 HP non DDEC 16-92's. My owners are looking to move up in size, but that'll mean either a larger Donzi, or a much larger VIK/BERT/HAT. Nothing out there has the same upper deck space or a big salon other than a Force IX- which have a LOA a bit larger than we want to go. The Viking 68 is smaller on the second deck, and the 74 has about the same as a 65 Donzi. The other manufacturers give more stateroom space and less salon space, but the bigger upper deck, bigger salon and large cockpit are something my owner does not want to give up.
  5. Manny

Manny Senior Member

I suggest moving to a 73' Donzi. All the amenities of a 65, but enlarged.

what's the asking price of that 65? :rolleyes:
  6. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Most on the market now are around 9-1.3, but it is a buyers market. It's not listed with anyone, so if they decide to sell it and move up they could find the next one easily, and there wouldn't be a commission to pay to a middleman.
    BTW this is the old "Libra" that Rosciolli has the story about on their web site. It was the first completed by R Rosciolli- I just visited them and sat down with Bob- he had two pics of the boat in his office- he's very proud of this one. He was glad to hear it's being kept up so well. The expansion of the yard is very nice, BTW.
  7. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

more pics- sorry I do not know how to make them a bit smaller....:eek:

The fighting chair was removed, disassembled and completely stripped and varnished, with new cushions made.

The third set of controls is the trolling valves- so that you can leave the gears in forward but move slower than idle forward. I do like the non electronic controls- no 10 cent fuses to burn out and lose forward/reverse or go home in "limp home" mode.

I also just replaced two of the cockpit doors- as you can see one of them was losing it's paint, and another was close behind. They are now perfect, lol.

Attached Files:

8. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

2 for 4 today ... lines in at 9:20. out at 2:15. Not quite "Donzi" conditions, but it did call for 15-20 all day and a SCA.
  9. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Here's a new site showing the "Sea Deuce" Lots more pics!
  10. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

She just got a bottom job and "Sea Slide" -(google it), plus other scheduled maint. items. Hull got buffed- changed shaft packing, R&R raw water intake hose, remove & check prop balance... etc. Goes back in the water shortly!

Attached Files:

• 001-1.jpg
      001-1.jpg
      File size:
      58 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      65.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
  11. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Why don't they look into moving up to a larger custom like a Jim Smith SF, Merritt, etc. etc. etc.
  12. Manny

Manny Senior Member

I just noticed this post about this boat being the Libra II from Roscioli's story.

I can tell you many more things Rosciolli failed to write about in his story. If you recall from the story, this boat made the trip from Ft Lauderdale to Puerto Rico, where I am located. Although I was not a member of Club Nautico yet, many of my friends whom were present during the event, including the famed Cpt. Pedro(whom was supposed to be the captain to bring it down), told me the boat's actual state when it got here and what happened in the aftermath.

If you really want to know, I'll tell you. Let's just say Roscioli "enhanced" the truth a bit when he wrote that story in their site.
  13. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Anything's possible, but I don't know that anyone wants to have two boats at a time. There are certainly alot of nice SF's out there that might fit the bill.
  14. acasaretto

acasaretto New Member

older Donzi Vs newer Hatteras / Viking

Have been looking to buy a sport fish. Originally looking at boats in the 52-54 size range, specifically 2004 Viking 52 with 1300 mans and 2004 Hatteras 54 with C30 caterpillar.Then have looked at .buying an older Donzi- 65 or 72 foot. It appears that they could be purchased at same or better price than the newer hatteras / viking. I am concerned about buying an older boat and specificaly older engines 16V92, but feel that the older Donzi likely has a better ride and structurally more sound. I would get other people's opinion on the differences? At same amount of money which would you prefer and why?
  15. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I like the 16-92's. Easy to find people to work on them, and have few electrical ghosts that newer engines have. We just put 16 new injectors in the STBD engine, and had the charge air coolers removed and cleaned. While I'll drive anything they buy, when I go up and down the coast I get alot of admiring looks from other captains and crew. The latest trip down the coast went off without a hitch.
  16. BUIZILLA

BUIZILLA New Member

just following along with the topic...

I am VERY familiar with hull #1 and really appreciate the heritage.

Jim
  17. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

New pics coming soon!
  18. Manny

Manny Senior Member

looking forward to seeing them!
  19. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

New led light under the radio box- 2 pics. Any color, changes quickly/slowly (or paused) continuously or fades out and then to the new color. Also below/under the forward seats to light up the bridge seating area not shown. New sinks in the master and stbd....

Attached Files:

20. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Stbd main full rebuild at Western Branch Diesel in Portsmouth, VA. New injectors, re-seal the turbo's, clean the intercoolers on the Port main. New macerator drain pump for the live well, new steering ram mounts, new master shower handle/head. New washer/dryer. New 110V fresh water pump. New life raft. The work never stops!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.