Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn

Liquidity review...

Discussion in 'Christensen Yacht' started by speeder, Jun 5, 2005.

1. speeder

speeder New Member

really good review of Liquidity ;)

Only two questions:

-Why are on every Yachts Plasma Displays and no LCDs? LCDs have many advantages, but they are a bit more expensive.

-In my opinion the galley of the Liquidity looks like an old cuisine which were built many years ago. Why do only wally build more modern galleys? (Wallypower 118)
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Speeder,

I guess most yacht owners want the best, but since Plasma screens used to be the biggest, all big displays seems to be called Plasma whatever they are in reality.

On the galley, I agree on the styling, it looks old compared to the Wally 118. But so does the whole yacht and if you compare function I think Wallys front facing cooktop and lack of working surfaces is nothing to copy. On Liquidity it seems as the galley will also be a socializing area at times, as many home kitchens are and this is probably the reason for the home styling instead of a restaurant kitchen.

If you look into the engine room, which is very nice to look at, you have the same idea that the owners want to show it to their guests and therefore everything is painted in matching colours. If you only ask the engineer he would probably rather have the pieces as they were delivered, since every time you make repairs you also have to repaint. But of course it would look like an old tug instead of a luxury yacht...
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Guys,

I split this thread into it's own title to maintain topic direction.

Lars is right-on with his comments, but I might add, Christensen's hulls and superstuctures are production in nature, however the interior appointments are up to the buyer. In the case of the Liquidity's galley, any number of finishes and appliances could be chosen. Often, large yachts have "commercial-grade" galleys. They are utilitarian in nature and designed to serve the sole purpose of food preparation. On Liquidity, the owners wanted something that felt more "home-like", as they themselves, will probably spend a fair amount of time in this area.

On LCD's vs. Plasma's... in most cases, plasmas are chosen because of the space and weight savings they provide. Although plasma screens are more expensive and prone to shorter life expectancy than LCD's (due to pixel burn-out), they offer the sharpest picture available. In contrast, LCD's are heavier and the larger versions can't be wall-mounted unless sufficient depth exists behind the wall.

The right choice for yachts of this magnitude and excellence (in my opinion) are plasmas. However this would not be my choice for a home system that will see greater use.

Thanks for positive feedback on the Liquidity review Speeder. Much appreciated. :)
  4. Motoryacht

Motoryacht Member

Terrific review on Liquidity. Enjoyable read, great pictures. Keep up the good work!
  5. speeder

speeder New Member

Is it possible to get the pictures in a higher resolution?
  6. YachtForums

Glad you guys liked the review. Thanks!

Speeder, we normally receive images in hi-res, but in this particular case, the images were supplied in low-res. Sorry. :(
  7. speeder

speeder New Member

ok. Can i get the others? pleasepleaseplease :rolleyes: That would be really nice of you.
  8. YachtForums

Speeder,

Our agreement regarding the use of images with most builders is that we only publish low-res pictures, so the images can not be used for other purposes, but I don't mind sending you a hi-res picture on occasion for personal viewing. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll make a note to keep a hi-res copy for you. :)

Carl
  9. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Speeder
    Good plasmas still give a better picture than LCDs, especially for full motion.
    Your comment brought up a question that I've had though. Why aren't the plasmas hidden? When they are off I think that they are ugly, sort of like a window with no view. the solution that I used in my own home came from these people.
    http://www.vutec.com/artscreen/

Works well and was easy to mount.
  10. speeder

speeder New Member

I think in the Liquidity the plasmas are hidden.
  11. speeder

speeder New Member

I´m not sure whether i`ve understand your post, but i`m lookinf for hi-res pictures of the Queen M, Liqudity, wallypower 118, Sunseeker yachts, pershing yachts, Carver 65' Marquis, Larissa, perfect Harmony, sunseeker 108' Predator