Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

Unknown Chris Craft

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by bigboneli, Oct 14, 2007.

1. bigboneli

bigboneli New Member

Hello, first post here, spent most of yesterday dreaming over all of the BIG boats in the various other threads here, waiting for registration email for posting ability. Apparently it was sitting in my Junkbox all day...Oh well.

I need help identifying this boat, believe it's about a '59 27 footer. Has port side helm, twin 283's, and the pink head sink, if that helps in any way...I was told it was a Connie, but can't confirm. Don't think they made them that small. Mahogany over plywood construction. The railing definitely doesn't look original. Any/all imformation anyone may have about this boat, please feel free to dump it all on me.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/bigboneli/uprightjpg.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/bigboneli/Captured2007-7-700000.jpg

hope link works...
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

She looks to me like a 1960 Chris Craft 27' Constellation. They were built in that profile in 1959 and 1960. The 1960 had only slight modification, which makes me think that's what she is.
  3. bigboneli

bigboneli New Member

That's great to know, thanks! Nice to know it actually is a Connie, albeit a wee one. Would love to see any literature that may show how the rear canvas goes/looks so I can have it built, but I really don't think I should match it up to the current railing configuration, unless of course originally it was designed to allow entrance in that ridiculous spot. I've heard about a 'BIG BLUE' book of CC's, would it show more imformation on this boat? Regardless, should probably own that book anyhow. Thanks for the ID SeaEric! I've only found codes under floor boards etc. to date, no actual HIN on this boat so far.
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

What are the code #'s? That helps identify her. Chris used their own codes. HIN#'s as we know them today did not begin until 1972 or thereabouts.

The blue book is: Chris Craft, The Essential Guide by Jerry Conrad. Check Amazon. Very worthwhile reference.
  5. bigboneli

bigboneli New Member

Thanks for the book info. The code I've found so far is x 27 1213. I don't have the piece of paper around I wrote it on, but I'm sure that's what it is...Can you guess where I figured out it was a 27'er? hehehe I don't know what the rest stands for though...Its cut into most of the bigger pieces of floor/head/switch panels/vberth plywood I've had off.
  6. boat robert

boat robert New Member

hello this is the criss craft im working on just got her three weeks ago for 300.00
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

This would pretty much confirm that she is indeed a 1960. This 27' model was built in this profile from 1959 to 1960. A total of 798 hulls were produced. The Chris Craft Hull ID's were X-27-501 to X-27-1298 for the production run of those 2 model years. With yours being #1213, she is 85th hull from the end, out of the 798 total.
  8. bigboneli

bigboneli New Member

SeaEric thank you so much! That info is awesome, to know what one she is almost gives her a bit more personality now. HEH Good to nail the exact year too, very helpful. Now whenever she gives me a headache I can threaten to blab her real age. Not too much info out there on this particular boat, but knowing now what I do will make searching a fair bit easier. Thanks again for the help.
  9. 59CCSedan

59CCSedan New Member

This looks to be a late 50s to mid 60s Chris Craft Sedan Cruiser, 24'-30', I have one just like it!