Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

1. lucid484

lucid484 New Member

2. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Looks like a good deal to me. Go for it!
  3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Survey, survey, survey
  4. lucid484

lucid484 New Member

would i call up a local survey person...cuz I live in MA and that boats in MI!! I would love to get a deal like that on a aluminum or fiberglass hull but if the woods in good shape i wouldnt mide it...my grandfather detested fiberglass and was a wood only guy. his last ship was a 60' connie 1964
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Wood hull....I hope you have the time to pack the seams every spring. You need the survey to tell how good the hull is and the engine. It may look nice all polished, but if the motor is a clunker, you'll have to throw a few more $$$ at it. Wooden hulled boats are great, but it's a 1968 and probably has seen better times. Is it in the water or out (photo shows out but who knows). Any pics of the motor? I've done some preliminary surveys on boats for folks (I am not licensed but was a gas/diesel mech years ago) and many times the vessel looks great in pictures but up close you'll find problems. If you're serious, take a flight out to look at it, take a lot of pictures, then come on back to the forum to discuss further.
    Capt Tom
  6. lucid484

lucid484 New Member

7. lucid484

lucid484 New Member

8. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Lucid,

Your recent post has been moved under your original thread. It's better not to start a new thread on the same subject because it will be seen by less people. Remember... anytime someone participates in a thread, they are automatically notified of a new post or question. This helps add momentum to the thread and maximizes exposure for you.

Thanks.