Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for Ocean Alexander

What Kind of chris craft

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by lucid484, Sep 28, 2006.

1. lucid484

lucid484 New Member

Ok my grand father had 8 different CC's through out his life.....the last one he had was nearly broken in half in a hurricane a few years ago.he fixed her up all by himself and when he finally passed away about 5 years ago my grandmother sold it for basically nothing..I have a bunch of pictures but can't scan them in yet....he had a small sign of the description for a boat show and i can put that here until pics are scanned.....but im pretty sure its a roamer...heres the description

" 60'0" x 16'9" Raised Pilothouse motor yacht built by chris craft in michigan in 1962....it says its a rare model with only 8 made and its one of only 2 left....also powered by 2 D343 Cat's" now apparently my grandmother told me a lil while back as soon as she sold it to teh guy he let it sit at dock for a while and the hull rotted out and sank right there! now that would be a travesty! but i thought the hulls on the large roamers well aluminum? any way any help until i get the pics would be greaty appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Lucid, welcome aboard.

I believe the boat you are refering to is not a Roamer, as those were metal boats.
    The Constellation line, or "Connies" as they were more commonly called, were wood--- and that's why she rotted and sank when the termites quit holding hands.

I recall CC building a bunch of 57-footers and would imagine that, as you mention, the company constructed a few larger versions until the market turned.
  3. lucid484

lucid484 New Member

really i would have never thought it was a connie...it looked liek so many roamers..but that might be why its a 1962 and cant find any roamers that size before the 70's