Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

Salon Model MY CC Trumpy?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by LibbyD, May 23, 2005.

1. LibbyD

LibbyD New Member

For almost ten years we have owned a 1957 56' Chris Craft Called the Salon Model and it was obviously designed by Trumpy and we were told it was designed by Trumpy. Can anyone confirm this? I know it must be so but don't know more than it was built at the Algonac Plant in Michigan.

I've been questioned several times at boat shows and by a potential buyer who say, "prove it"!

There were only seven of these custom vessels made and I can't find more than one sentence in a Chris Craft Coffee table "History" book and there is no mention of the designer.

I have the original brochure and it does not mention the designer.

our website www.yacht-dining.com has a pic of the boat and I can e-mail a slideshow of different views.

I have already contacted the Mariners Museum and they could only suggest looking at magazine articles of the times. Thanks for your help. Libby
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Libby,

Try contacting "mooresmarineinc@aol.com" and posing this question. They are the administrators to the world's largest Trumpy yacht's website...

www.trumpyyachts.com

I distinctly recall hearing about a collaberation between Chris Craft and Trumpy, but this could have been the same source who told me Bayliner built a Benetti. ;)
  3. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

No, they're called Meridians! :rolleyes: