Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Walker

Question for those "in the know"

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by Kevin, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

While flipping through a Trader mag here in Quebec I came across this ad for a 1968 Chris Craft. The ad is in french but basically translated it goes like this: CHRISCRAFT 28' 1968, 550 hours, renovated, 10' wide, 28' long (32' overall), Mercury Marine 305ci, Alpha One foot, bridge and roof redone in fiberglass, mahogany hull stripped and repainted, toilet, closed cabin, trailer included, nicely equipped, reason for sale: sickness, $7,500 (that's about 6 grand US$) negotiable.

It's intriguing, but I need to read a lot more before even seriously thinking about it. Can anyone point me towards some sites about that particular boat?

Attached Files:

• 68CC.jpg
      68CC.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Thanks for those links... I'll be busy reading when I get home this evening.

Also, I'd considered posting in the Roamer forum, but this boat doesn't really look like a Roamer to me, so I just posted here instead.
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

HAHAH... I told my Dad about this and he had a fit. "Good lord son... what are you thinking? Buying a wood boat?!? Are you insane?!?!? The maintenance is astronomical!!" I dunno', I think wood is really what boats were meant to be made of... it's classic.
  5. CaptainRoamer

CaptainRoamer New Member

Wood Boats

A wood boat is a full-time job. There is constant maintenance required. When they are in pristine condition, they are the most beautiful pieces of craftsmanship known to modern man, but keeping them in that shape is time consuming and EXPENSIVE.

Make sure you do your homework on the boat you are interested in and make sure you think long and hard about what you're getting yourself into.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2005