Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross

Chris Craft Roamers...

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by YachtForums, Jan 3, 2005.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Chris Craft Roamers?

I spotted "Sly Fox" on the intracoastal in Ft. Lauderdale. He was northbound, just past Bahia Mar. It's a Roamer... right? (I get the smaller Roamers confused with Connies & Commanders sometimes). :rolleyes: :confused:

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

I also spotted "Secret Love" on the same day, while cruising down New River in Ft. Lauderdale. A flush deck Roamer... right?

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

OK... this one surprised me! It's a Chris... but I've never seen one before. It's all glass. Had to be one of the last big boats CC made. Anybody know the year & model?

Attached Files:

4. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Tin Fizzie

Just kidding about that. :rolleyes:
    Wow!
    What a great looking, and very rare (one of 5) aluminum 1970 Roamer Riviera 38! She was for sale several years ago on ************** (see photos below). and later donated to charity. Running with her original side-oiler 427s, I'm thinking she somehow fell into good hands now that she's been seen running around your neck of the woods.
    Great find/photo!
    You are now an official "Roamer" spotter - joining the ranks of our national-wide coastal watchers. :D
    Eric
    PS - Any chance you could let this guy know about our little club?

Attached Files:

5. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Secret Knowledge = Secret Power

"Secret Love" - she's one of two 74 foot, Derecktor-designed "Houseboats" built by Chris-Craft in Pompano - between 1977 and 1979.
    One of our last (thanks alot Richard Genth :mad: ), true champion Roamers, she was available for sale/charter recently, and may have been purchased by a secret admirer. :p
    Again - you are da' (Roamer) man!

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

Eric,

"Sly Fox" is native to Ft. Lauderdale, but I can't remember where it's "den" is located. If I can line up the cross-hairs on it, we'll get him to join the rest of pack.

Glad I was able to spot some Roamers to share with you guys. We'll keep a finger on the shutter button. ;)

Carl
  7. vaf3

vaf3 New Member

Questions about Chris Roamer House Boats

Great picture of Secret Love! Thanks for Sharing. I have a 60 ft. Roamer, "Twice Blessed" and am having some difficulty getting the water temperature guages in the Total Command system at the helm station and flybridge to work. Any experience with this out there? thanks, Victor