Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for MotorCheck

Chris Craft Cobra!

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by YachtForums, Dec 2, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Came across this picture and thought I would post for it you CC guys to enjoy too. I started to build a model of this boat, from a Dumas kit, a number of years ago. I actually attended Woody Weekend on Lake Winnepesaukee, New Hampshire looking to buy a classic woody about ten years ago. Sure would love to have this baby as a tender...

Attached Files:

2. bmunlimited

bmunlimited Guest

Cool Boat!

Got roots in Florida----Mom lives in Ft.Lauderdale--just left there 2 weeks ago!
    WOW it's hot there now! Boating is away to get away! Nice photo--thanks for sharing.
  3. orion

orion Senior Member

New Cobra

What about a new Cobra? :cool:

Attached Files:

4. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

The paint on that boat is not proper, and the humps over the engine compartment are, well, "unfortunate" that they were added by some previous owner.

Here's what one should look like, taken at the Mt. Dora Show last year.

[​IMG]

When proper installations look this good, that's original Cadillac power by the way, no need to booger up the boat with a repower job, I sure hate to see someone take a hack saw to a premium boat like this and devalue it by chopping a hole in the hatch, and glassing over it for some screw-ball high rise intake and carb setup.

Those original motors sure look good don't they? It costs twice as much to get one of those rebuilt, but the boat is worth twice as much if you have the right motor in it. Put a crate motor in it, and you won't want to open the hatch at a classic boat show!

Regards, Dogsharks
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Dogsharks,

We generally don't promote hotlinking to images, because if the source of those images is discontinued, it leaves the thread void of the original content.

There is also the issue of size. Our standard format is no larger than 640 pixels. I have reformatted your images on previous occasions, but I'm on a PDA at the Miami Boat Show and I don't have P-Shop. I don't want to impose a global limit, so please work with us on this subject.

Contributions to YF are appreciated, hence I have let your URL links stand against our forum rules, but when the images distort our format, I must remove them. Sorry.

Carl Camper, Admin
  6. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

Thanks for the note.

I'm an enthusiast, and an enthusiastic guy. I attempted to use the photo sizing tool in the past, but apparently didn't do well.

Thank you for your kind hearted note.

I assume that when I click on the "insert image" above, and when the script prompt says to "add the URL of your image", that doing so is acceptable as long as the photos are of the size you noted. I'll proceed on that basis unless I hear differently from you.

dogsharks