Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno

46' Roamer

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Roamer dreamer, May 23, 2013.

1. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

Hello,

Does anyone have any information about the 46' Roamer listed on boats.com? It is listed by a company called fresh boats.com?

Thanks
  2. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

For Sale

I believe it is on ebay also.
  3. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

46 Roamer

Thank you. I was hoping that someone who lives near her in Michigan might reply with some information.
  4. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

I also saw that the 48' "Steeling Beauty" is still listed on boats.com. What is the consensus on this restoration? Is this a realistic asking price?
  5. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

46 Roamer

No opinions on "Steeling Beauty" as to whether it is better to restore a Roamer to original specs or to modernizize it?
  6. doompatrol

doompatrol Guest

Steeling Beauty looks to be a 48' Roamer, which has a 13' beam. The later 46' models have a 15' beam, and the difference in volume is HUGE. You get a lot more boat with the 46.

It looks like Steeling Beauty was repowered 11 years ago and remodeled. It's a gas boat (a minus for me) and the interior remodel is definitely not yacht grade. I don't know what sort of paneling or solid wood they used for the aft cabin and heads, but it looks like something you might find at a big-orange-box retailer. Just from the pictures, I'd say the price is outrageous...especially in the current market.

To each his own, though. Are you in love with the boat? If so, it might be worth every penny.

DP
  7. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

Doom Patrol,

I thought maybe I was the only one who felt this way. I would much rather find a boat that had more of the original Roamer style to it. Agree that this boat is way over priced.

Roamer dreamer
  8. doompatrol

doompatrol Guest

9. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

46 Roamer

Wow!

That is a beautiful yacht. Unfortunately, I don't believe I could get her under the bridge at the top of Cayuga Lake!

What do you think a realistic offer would be for her?
  10. doompatrol

doompatrol Guest

She's in worse condition than when she sold for a reported $40,000 in 2010. What she sold for in 2006 is irrelevant and has no bearing on the value today or potential value in the future.

I'd start with an offer of $1 and expect a guaranteed clear title and nothing more.

DP
  11. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

46 Roamer

I think I will keep looking for either a 46 or 48. You might start with $1 spent but you would spend a few more than that on her!!
  12. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

46 Roamer

Anyone on this board live near Keans Marina/St. Clair Yacht Sales in Detroit MI? They have a 48 Roamer listed for sale? The pics look like she is in decent shape.

Roamer dreamer
  13. DetroitCoho

DetroitCoho Member

Hello-new to the forum! We own a 33' CC Coho and keep it at Keans. I've been looking at the 48' Roamer there. From piecing together the Yachtworld, Boats.com and local Craigslist it's "Steeling Beauty" referred to above. I plan on checking her out today or tomorrow. All I know now is that the owner has a similar-length Hatteras on the same dock. This Roamer looks ok cosmetically on the outside but he stopped refinishing the glass work on the house. She was on the hard all last winter and maybe longer for all I know. I'll report back.....
  14. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

46 Roamer

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I did call the broker yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I was wondering how recent those pictures were of the boat?

The hull looks freshly painted in the pics. I would be curious also about when it was last in the water and running? Thanks for any help you could provide. I am considering a road trip next month to look at this boat and the 46 just north of you that I started this thread with.

Roamer dreamer
  15. DetroitCoho

DetroitCoho Member

Yeah, I talked to him this morning; his phone was on the fritz. I'll meet with him this afternoon. FYI this is NOT "Steeling Beauty", the one with the IKEA interior.
  16. RB480

RB480 Senior Member

Steeling beauty is in New Buffalo right near me. The interior I am sure is very nice but the exterior has languished a bit I am affraid. The bottom looks a little sketchy to me and the exterior paint could use some help. She is in the water though!
  17. Roamer dreamer

Roamer dreamer Member

46 Roamer

I have been in conversation with Gibson36 about his 46 Roamer in Cincinnati. I am planning a trip next week to see his boat. He has a thread with pictures of the restorations made and I am very excited to see his handiwork first hand!
  18. gibson36

gibson36 Member

Come on down and let's go for a ride ....