Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Westport

mahogany questions. pics inside

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by gibson36, Nov 20, 2011.

1. gibson36

gibson36 Member

Okay on my 1969 46' as you come down the stares in to the salon the wood right there at the v in the window is a very very pretty yellowish wood (after sanded and just wet ) that ends at the first board running along under the windows and that is more of a redish mahogany its the same way on the starboard side as well . it is also on the end of my bar and looks to all be in certain spots as maybe a accent ? just wondering if anyone else has run in to this before we had to take it all down to bare wood so I don't want to mess anything up and wonder if i should treat them differently
  2. gibson36

gibson36 Member

also try to ignore the dark test strip that is stain ....
  3. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Stain

Chris uses a gross color stain back then,... go natural. It's ribbon stripe Sappele
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

And reduce the size of those pics.
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Not at all, they are within the 640 p size, but they are linked from another site instead of posted here as we would like.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Oh that's what happened. Thought it was the size causing the major side-scrolling.
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I looks to me like perhaps that board was replaced at some point with a different type mahogany. If you strip it and use wood bleach on it, you may get some of the red out.
  8. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Isn't that one of the reasons for Rule #3?

3. Hot-Linking Images: We don't allow it. Period.

Regardless of why, it screws up the site and allowing it to remain sets a bad precedent.
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Homer,

Your hot linked images have been removed. As well, your oversize images and post were removed. I've repeatedly asked you to abide by these simple guidelines. Please, keep images under 640 pixels wide and do NOT hot-link images. The host (or you) can replace the images with something far less yacht-like, leaving us with no control over the image being displayed, which could be offensive to viewers.
  10. homer1958

homer1958 Member

I did not know

Sorry about that.. what is a hot linked image?
  11. gibson36

gibson36 Member

yea im not sure what that is please let us know so we dont do it .
    would like to put my pics back up but dont want to mess it up
  12. YachtForums

"Hotlinking" is a term referring to when a web page of one website is direct linking to the images or other multimedia files on the web host of another website. The term is also used loosely (a misnomer) by free image hosts which allow you to store images on their server and allow you to direct link the hosted image files on forums or other websites. One of the most common occurrences of "hot linking" is when people are posting to forums and they hotlink pictures from another website to use as avatars, signatures, etc. Some disadvantages of hot linking are that the webpage generally loads slower when you link to images stored on a different web hosting server than the webpage is hosted on, and the owner of the image has full control to disable hotlinking, or delete, rename, or worse yet, do a "switcheroo" (i.e., switching the file name to be another image which is sure to cause the hotlinker embarrassment) of the hot-linked image.
  13. gibson36

gibson36 Member

okay so whats the right way to do it ...thats the only way I have ever loaded pics on a forum this one and others ...
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Uploading Pictures...

Images MUST be 640 pixels wide or less, in .jpg format.

The standard image size on YachtForums is 640 pixels wide. This is so our viewers with low-res, small monitors don't have to scroll sideways. If you are going to upload a picture(s) to YachtForums, PLEASE use a photo editing program to reduce the picture to 640 pixels wide.

Uploading pictures...

You will notice the words "Manage Attachments" on the bottom left side of a "New Post" of "Post Reply" window. Click on this link and a new window will open. Click on the "Browse" button and a window will pop up that will allow you to navigate to where the file (or picture) is located on your hard drive. Once you find the file, double-click on it and it will be placed in the "Upload File Box". Then... click "Upload" on the right side of this box. After the file uploads, click "Close This Window". Now click on the "Submit Reply " button at the bottom of the screen and you are done!
  15. gibson36

gibson36 Member

one more time
  16. YachtForums

Thank you Gibson. :)
  17. gibson36

gibson36 Member

no problem sorry i messed it up first time .....
  18. gibson36

gibson36 Member

Well i guess I'm done till march ...

Well I was making some progress on the front windows and shelf on the 46' yesterday when I was informed that the marina yard will be closed and locked till march 1st ( something the negated to tell me when I payed the winter storage ) needless to say I'm a little upset that I can't get to my boat till then.
  19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's not unusual for a smaller boat yard to close down for a period during winter, but that's a long one. DK what kind of security they have going on during that time, but any chance you could get a key to continue your work if you brought your own generator. It might be a fair exchange for having someone in the yard now and again.
  20. gibson36

gibson36 Member

nope I asked ... Is the largest boat yard in town so I guess I have to live by the rules . still gonna check on moving to a smaller yard that I can get in to I want to be in the water by July at the latest but if I cant work on it till march It will be more like 1st of october with the new interior and full paint job outside