Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander

Dining table support in main cabin

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by bolsado, Oct 24, 2011.

1. bolsado

bolsado Member

Getting to work on the interior now that the new rudders are in and looking good, new bottom paint getting done soon too.

Over the weekend working on reupolstering the bulk head panel in the dinnete booth. I have the table off the wooden beverage holder (which supports the table) for a complete make over but cant figure out the attachment of the beverage holder to the wood bulkhead.

Hands r too big to get behind the bulkhead to see if attached there and dont want to put too much muscle into it and break bulkhead paneling.

Any experience or images of the origional from owners doing interior retrofits would be appreciated.

thnx
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You could probably rent a camera or borrow one from a plumber to see what's back there.
  3. davidopie

davidopie New Member

how to remove the table support

You need to remove the masonite wall to remove the ashtray holder/cup holder and table support. It is not that hard to do.

Since you already have the cushions off, just start unscrewing the wooden parts that support the wall. You'll have it off in 45 minutes, whereas you'll sit scratching your head for an hour or more trying to think of an alternative approach.

I wish I had better news for you. But, we work for hours trying to get it off without taking the wall off.

Dig in!
  4. Caledonia

Caledonia New Member

Hi;
    Caledonia Hailing:
    I'm 5 years into a two year project to completely gut and rebuild a 1966 Roamer Express 37. We are both crazy I guess. The budget was busted by month 16. But I'm still working hard.
    I'm not a big fan of Facebook but i have pics of my progress. As you will see I've strayed somewhat from standard rehab.

Admin Edit: LINK & EMAIL REMOVED. READ THE RULES!

Sorry I got it first!

Attached Files:

• helm.pdf
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
  5. bolsado

bolsado Member

Caledonia

Excellent interior and exterior work.

I have moved on from the cabin for now. I should post some update pics soon.

I love the upper shelf in the forward cabin and the cockpit extension

Stripping and repainting the hull now

I am an irregular facebook user myself Ill shhot you a friend request.
  6. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Table Shaking Problems

Alwayz an issue: Not anymore.
    Don't rebuild, just refit:
    Page2.page
    Much (much) easier, no?

Attached Files:

7. bolsado

bolsado Member

shaking table in progress

Actually never made it to finishing table yet but in my head its almost like your set up.

I admire your glossy wood work and ultra leather redo.

I wasnt up to the strip and sand effort and the interor and its in pretty decent shape, mine has more of a matte finish than high gloss and a few different shades as one looks around the cabin. Some day maybe i go with a fancy veneer redo.

Qoutes to redo the dinette in a faux leather w/o the nice pleating you did was almost a grand. Being the cheap ******* I am I said i could do something better for the same price or less.

I considered all kinds of options focused and around leather recliners but everything is just too big for the 37 cabin. Thus I ended up with leather office chairs. I first bought the high backs and they are ok but I prefer the low backs I wound up in the forward dinette bench. I may switch to the lowbacks for the other side. They fold down and still give you the bed set up like the origional.

For the sofa/ double berth I got a reclining leather sort of a cross between a futon and a daybed. I placed a plywood base on the drawer support frame with heavy duty drawer pulls so it now slides out about even with the forward cabin door. This still leaves enough room to pass through the cabin.

Once oulled out, the sofa back folds folds down flat to be big enough for 2 and then for the original sofa back I redid with memory foam and fabric to match with the paneling thus actually increaseing sleeping space by 1.
  8. bolsado

bolsado Member

forward dinette seats

lowbacks that slide out on origional slider then recline back

Attached Files:

9. bolsado

bolsado Member

dinette seats forward

Actually this is forward and previous is aft. These are high backs.

Attached Files:

10. bolsado

bolsado Member

sofa bed

sofa bed. I dont have pic of the old sofa backrecovered and hanging from the cieling straps but will try a remeber to take one next time

Attached Files: