Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

Does anyone own a small Roamer (especially the 25 footers or less)

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Travlinman1352, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Travlinman1352

Travlinman1352 Member

Thought I would start a thread for the small roamers. 30 feet or less (especially the 25 Footers). Would love to see pictures old, new, restorations in progress...etc. Thanks in advance for your input. (mine is the one at the bottom...in serious need of restoration).

Attached Files:

2. Making progress I see!! Got a pressure washer yet?? ws
  3. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Don't forget to keep pics at 640 wide or less.

Keep working on her. We will be looking forward to seeing the progress.
  4. Travlinman1352

Travlinman1352 Member

Scared of pressure washer?

Yachtsman Bill,
    I am scared that the only thing left after pressure washing would be the hull! I will try to add some updated pictures soon. Regards, Travlinman.

PS. ScotL, Thanks for the encouragement. Sorry about the pics. Thanks for the correction.
  5. Rapple

Rapple Member

Home port is Greenbay, WI., although most of our t
    I am almost done with the 27' and I am looking for the next project. I think a 25' with twins would do the trick if anyone hears of one available. attached is my current project. Chrome is back on, next comes the water, just in time for the end of summer.
  6. Found this cutie in Michigan City,In. today!!

Attached Files:

7. We are moving our 36' Roamer to the yard where that 37' aluminum convertable is that you want in Chicago..ws
  8. doug p

doug p Member

Attached Files:

• r25.jpg
      r25.jpg
      File size:
      152.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Travlinman1352

Travlinman1352 Member

Show us more!

Thanks for the replies. I would love to see more of the restoration photos Rapple and DougP. Those are some beautiful boats. Wild Bill what do they want for the 37 footer? Thanks again for everyone's input. Safe Sailing, Travlinman.

10. No idea right now, but I am assuming it'll go pretty cheap. Its a beautiful boat but is a complete project, much the same as "Baby Miller" is! ws
  11. biodon

biodon New Member

We are restoring a '58 28-foot Express. It originally had 327 cu. in. Nash V-8s. Photos are posted at http://imageevent.com/shaggy/roamer

My parents had a '59 28-foot hardtop Express with six-cylinder engines. They sold that boat in 1988. I'd like to know where that boat is now.

In the 1980's there was a third 28-footer at Lake of the Ozarks. Don't know where that one is today.

I've seen two, rough 28-footers elsewhere on ebay. One fairly recently:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120597211440&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
  12. Rapple

Rapple Member

I finally got the comet in the water this year. Nice to have it out on a Sea Trail. Lots to do yet, but nice to be out. The hard top needs to go on yet, but lets have some fun 1st. Ray

Attached Files:

• b11.jpg
      b11.jpg
      File size:
      168.6 KB
      Views:
  13. FB2

FB2 New Member

Looking for Rapple

Hopefully by reviving this old thread Rapple might get notification...?
    I am looking for YachtForums member Rapple. Does anyone have any information on him?

I have a 27' Comet that I am restoring and he is right in my backyard. I'd love to correspond with him as he sounds like quite a resource for Comets.

Any other Comet owners in the Wisconsin area would be good to know as well.

Thanks,
    Bill
  14. Rapple

Rapple Member

Bill, I would be happy to talk to you about your Roamer. We were out on the ole girl on the 4th of July in Ephriam, WI. Send me some contact info and I will get hold of you. I would enjoy a trip to Milwaukee to see your vessel. Ray
  15. Rapple

Rapple Member

1963 Chris Craft Roamer Update

Here is the latest updates to the Comet. I finally have a chance to stretch her legs. It took some adjustments but she is running fine. Ray

Attached Files:

16. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

She is a beauty. I would love to check her out sometime when I am in GB.
  17. Travlinman1352

Travlinman1352 Member

Comet Emblems???

Ray,

It is good to hear from you again. I see the Custom Comet is serving the family well. I am still working on my Custom Comet. Progress is slow but I am working at it. In an earlier post on this forum you had mentioned that you had found a company to cast the "Chris Craft Roamer" emblems from bronze and that you might consider having some reproduced to sale if there was enough interest. Would you entertain the thought again or provide the name of that company? I created a thread on this forum and had a considerable response from other Comet and Roamer owners needing these same emblems.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter, Travlinman.
  18. KyRoamer

KyRoamer New Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be so late to post something here but we have been celebrating our boat's 50th birthday. She left Holland on July 29th, 1963 for the Falls City Boat Works Marine Store in Louisville Kentucky. Here are a couple of pics, be sure to raise a glass (try to make it bourbon, it is after all Kentucky), you only turn 50 once!

Of course, leave it to Rapple to put a babe in his picture. And the girl sitting on the cabin is pretty hot too. :)

Attached Files:

19. Rapple

Rapple Member

My boat was delivered to Cleveland Yacht Harbor, Jan 8th, 1963. Happy Birthday to the Comet. I crossed the bay a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good sea was brewing. 4-6 footers and the old girl never pounded once.
    I crossed paths with an Offshore that looked great as well. Rap

Attached Files:

20. *JU

*JU New Member

Gentlemen:
    More photo's please. Just one photo of these beauties is just not enough!!! :D