Click for Delta Click for MotorCheck Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Cross

41- Aluminum - Diesels on EBAY!

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by homer1958, Mar 15, 2010.

1. homer1958

homer1958 Member

If there was any Roamer I would want to restore, it would be this one.
    Bridge, Aluminum, Diesels, Fresh Water, out of water for years, already sandblasted, no elecroysis... great price.

Interior looks like crud.... So what, tear it out.. this looks like a gem to start with.. on E-bay a few more days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRIS...rQ5fMotorboats

What about these motors.. rebuilt too! Engines alone are worth more than asking price.
    See Hot 8 53's running on Utube...
    8V53's running.. cool Utube

Hurry this listing expires in two days.
    Sorry.. just removed.. SOLD.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVG2YVqCydg

This 41 Roamer deal seeems too good to be true... if it is what he says and you have a place to work on her.... don't let the interior scare you. go for this particular model, the rebuilt diesels, the teak (this is custom by the way.. if it is good still and teak usually is.. or you could buy a boat like this new for only $600,000.....
  2. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

3. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Come on now Kiwi...

She's a 69.

That's a great year and number. She does not looks so bad, take that back Kiwi :).. issue is gas in a 46. Gas in a 38 is fine, borderline in a 41.. but the 46.. she best be Detroits. You can still smoke outside.. no laws on that yet but congress will get to it if they can before November when most will be out of a job with a resume nobody wants.

Not to tick anyone off, but ya know. When this economy turns around and more of these Roamers get restored, well they are a great deal.. tons of fun to ride in.. they don't creak either, at least mine doesn't.. plus they tend to be faster than most everyone else... Plus you tend to look like Batman racing down the Hudson chasing Penguin to Gotham City to meet the Commissioner. Now how cool is that?

I mean, she will pound in 4 footers if you are banging over 25 mph.. so what, pull her back to 21. Most of the time they are yawning at 30 mph.. but not a 46 with gas. slow kinda and sluuuurp slurrrrp.. If they are originals... check the gas and filll it up with oil. :)

I remain respectfully,

HOMER,
  4. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

Homer, read the description, fresh Detriots available.

Kiwi
  5. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Conversion

Gas to diesel conversion is expenvie and hard.. everything must chage.. I have done it. Shafts, props transmission, tank lines, filters, mounts, insturments, harnesses, exahust ports, air intakes to name a few on and on.

HOMER
  6. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

Used beater Lehman 120's, homade lovejoys, stock shafts/struts, gasser oil pressure and temp gauges with gasser senders screwed into the diesel blocks, $150 tachs. done, except for prop games.

I think that should stir the pot, I've seen and read Your build, Exellent work with love, Kiwi

EDIT: 35 views in 2 hours, Bots?
  7. 87vantage

87vantage New Member

What would the 46 with the 871 detroits cruise, with the steel hull? and the same with the aluminum hull? C
  8. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Hull Speed 46 Roamer

Homer be back....

According to 1969 catalogue:
    46 Roamer with factory 320 hp diesels hits 24 if all is perfect.
    Did not make steel 46 in 1969
    If they did, take 3 mph off that.

In reality 23mph for diesels in aluminum
    19 maybe 20 if steel.

Go aluminum.. less problems, faster better on gas lasts forever IMHO

HOMER
  9. 87vantage

87vantage New Member

Speed....

Thanks for the info Homer, I was hoping to find a 46 in Aluminum that was diesel, as it seems that the steel hulls all need some attention in the plating dept due to their age. Sounds like you better get a really good surveyor if you look at a steel boat.....if you know of any other 46 to 56 ft roamers that may be coming up for sale or not already on the internet please let me know. Are there any issues to watch for on the aluminum hulls? Thanks .....