Click for Perko Click for MotorCheck Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Roamer Dispatcher

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by bearhair, Nov 16, 2009.

1. bearhair

bearhair New Member

Anyone have any experience with the Roamer Dispatcher? Seriously considering buying one that is in pretty good shape. However, Google can't seem to find anything about the Dispatcher model. I seem to recall there were few produced. Any comments at all about the Dispatcher would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You might want to try that Google search again as Chris Craft Roamer Dispatcher. Found a fair bit of info there.
  3. Travlinman1352

Travlinman1352 Member

The Dispatcher model was a 30' steel hull design that was manufactured in 1965 and '66. It was offered in a Expess '65 and '66 or a Enclosed model in '66 only. (the enclosed has salon doors). Hull numbers range from RXA-30-101 to 107 (1965) and RXA-30-2001 to 2007 (1966) only 14 express models. The Enclosed hull numbers are RDA-30-501 to 510. Only 10 Enclosed models were manufactured. The express weighs approx. 12,500lbs. and the enclosed 13,100lbs.
    The Dispatcher was offered with twin 283 or twin 327 Chevrolet Marine engines.
    This information made available from "Chris Craft The Essential Guide" Author: Jerry Conrad, Published by: The Mariners' Museum

I hope this helps and please send a photo. I have included one from the net. Thanks and good luck!

Attached Files:

4. bearhair

bearhair New Member

I must be doing something wrong as when I google it, the first result I see is the ad for the boat I am close to buyuing and the second result is this thread. Other than that, no results with any info on the dispatcher.
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

6. ASGROSS

ASGROSS New Member

BEFORE YOU BUY THE BOAT HAVE A METAL ULTRASOUND DONE!!! HAUL MAYBE UNSTABLE ESPECIALLY BEHIND THE MOTORS IF THERE IS RUST IN BILGE AREA BEWARE I LEARNED THE HARD WAY..... I HAVE ONE THAT WAS BOUGHT IT IN THE WATER AND WAS IN THE WATER FOR 15 YEARS (IT WAS PART OF THE VOL NAVY......I am the 4th owner) THE MAYOR OF MEMPHIS IN BOUGHT IT NEW IN "65" .... ITS NUMBER 8 OF 13.... dont mean to yell but do your research 1st... now mine is going to become a bar in my back yard putting my hot tub where the motors used to be and restore the entire cabin to original status since i dont know any good whellder.... motors are for sale though 327's and the whole drive train.....
  7. gerconst

gerconst Member

Elk Rapids Harbor, Michigan and Gibraltar, Michiga
    I saw this boat online a couple of months ago. I went on and joined Chris Craft Antique Boat Club and found a wealth of information on DIspatcher's and other Roamer's. They have old catalogs and just about anything you need to know. Dave