Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Furuno

Found another Roamer for sale

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Corsair23, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Corsair23

Corsair23 New Member

On E-Bay last night. 27 foot Aluminum Roamer. Needs lots of engine work, but complete. Last bid was 5 bucks from the Boat Angel Ministries. They add $149. to the final price. Sure wish I had a truck and trailer. I have the Class 1 license, just no truck to move it.

S.
  2. bolsado

bolsado Member

Truck & Trailer for Hire

Corsair,

I bought this setup to move my 37 foot roamer and I am looking to recover some of my capital investment. The trailer is a 40 footer (24,000 lb capacity) but unfortunately not quite long enough for a 37 roamer w/o some modifications. It would be fine, actually overkill for a 27 footer. I am now looking into larger trailers for my 37.

If you are serious or for anyone else looking to transport I can help bring this baby home and if you have flexibility I could beat any shippers qoute.

Attached Files:

3. bolsado

bolsado Member

another shot of the trailer

Trailer is basically brand new

Hydraulic surge brakes pintle hitch

Attached Files:

4. Corsair23

Corsair23 New Member

I pointed out the boat for anyones benefit. You're a little far away from the boat, it's in Connecticut.
    If it were closer, or I had deeper pockets, I would consider your offer.I appreciate your reply, none the less.

Scott
  5. kumagan

kumagan New Member

Scott: I saw the boat on ebay. It seems that transporting the boat could cost much more than the purchase price. Could this be moved with a bunk style trailer with triple axels (rated for 10K) and a 1/2 truck? Seems that this vessle is only 6,400 lbs more or less. Any thoughts would be great. I would love to restore this boat. thanks Mike
  6. Corsair23

Corsair23 New Member

I have no idea what it would weigh. Water Tanks, as you can see, are out of it.
    It looks as though the engines are out of it as well. Lot of weight drop right there. 1000 pounds off the Manufacturers Gross?
    I think an F250 or equal would pull it on a bunk trailer. I don't know how you would get it on a bunk trailer unless the trailer had movable bunks and hydraulics.
  7. wrecktreker

wrecktreker New Member

27' Roamer

My 27' weighs 7700LBS with half tank of fuel, no water. I pull it on a 3 axle aluminum trailer with my 99 Ford F-250 with a 5.4l. Pulls it ok but would rather have a Diesel.

Attached Files:

8. kumagan

kumagan New Member

out bid on Roamer 27

Thanks for the photo. My setup is almost identical to yours. I did not get the boat on ebay. People bid, then retracted bids, then bid again. I will find a good roamer project it's just a matter of time. Thanks all. This is a great forum.
  9. wrenches74

wrenches74 New Member

check out the thread "moving my 35' roamer myself.....believe me, my F-350 dually really struggled with mine......these are HEAVY boats........Tim
  10. Corsair23

Corsair23 New Member

Theres another 27 foot Aluminum on Craigslist Las Vegas. Mead Lake area. 100$. YES...100 dollars ! Been in storage years, but the wood is dry, and very salvageable.
    Again, too far away, but a real decent project.

S.
  11. Corsair23

Corsair23 New Member

12. kumagan

kumagan New Member

Thanks for the post. Looking for a project boat in New England Area. Mike
  13. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

14. watjam

watjam New Member

It's not a fixer-upper but I have a 27 Custom Comet currently for sale in Sandusky Oh. It has been restored w/new aluminum fuel tank, new water tank, heater and lines, new headliner cushions ect.....
    Oh, and is is sitting on a trailer!
  15. artwork

artwork Member

FYI another one for free

Just listed yesterday. presumed to be in sad shape.

free steel boat 14,000lb. (monroe, mi.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-01-16, 11:28AM EST
    Reply to: sale-8ufme-1555424640@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steel ChrisCraft Roamer 35ft. approx. 14,000lb. must be moved NOW................ 11ft. wide x 35 ft. long..

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  16. Corsair23

Corsair23 New Member

Well, maybe not a total loss. I looked at the picture, but you cant tell a thing from ONE picture. It IS near me . Wish I had a trailer to slide it onto......

Sad thing, it'll most likely get stripped out, and crushed.
  17. gerconst

gerconst Member

Elk Rapids Harbor, Michigan and Gibraltar, Michiga
    I responded to the craigslist add but did not get a response. The ad was put in on thursday with the boat needing to be moved by Sunday. Would have been tough for anyone.
  18. artwork

artwork Member

19. fantasymaker

fantasymaker New Member

Why wont it work on your Roamer? I am lookng. at the same thing for the same reason.
  20. gerconst

gerconst Member

Elk Rapids Harbor, Michigan and Gibraltar, Michiga
    35' in Monroe, Michigan

Looked at this boat on Sunday. Not worth even scraping