Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Burger

2009 ROAMER RENDEZVOUS- Huron Ohio

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Alanglois, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

ATTENTION all LOWER GREAT LAKES ROAMERS

- As a piggy back on the resounding success of the 2008 Chris Craft Commander Club Rendezvous, also in Huron, Ohio, where only one Roamer was present, the organizers are making plans to open up the Rendezvous to Roamers as well. It is my task (as the owner of that one Roamer) to organize the Lower Great Lakes Fleet for a significant showing in 2009. I can attest to the fact that there were over 50 registered Commanders so our task is great to represent the Roamer badge with honor.

The event was the best boating event we have been to since moving to Lake Erie. There were boats from all over in attendance. The Huron Boat Basin is capable of handling the large amount of large vessels that attended with ease and as such has been chosen again for 2009. As of 9/12/08 the chriscraftcommanders.com is still featuring the event on their home page so please take a look and you'll see that the event sells itself. The Huron Yacht Club was the host for the formal (ha ha) dinner on Saturday night and boy did they hit it out of the park! I'd go back just for the food! Boat or no boat!

The people made this weekend just spectacular with tours of all the boats available at almost anytime of the day. We can't say enough about the organization of this event. It was top notch. And of course we expect nothing less for next year.

As we are making the 2009 dock reservations already, if this is something that you are capable of attending (proximity with boat or not proximate no boat - as was the case for many) send me a private message and I'll get back to you either by email or if you leave a phone number I'll give you a ring.

The event will be held on August 21-23 2009.

We would love to see some of our Roamers make this event so we can see them in person.

Thanks

Al Langlois
    1969 41' Al Roamer Regal
    The "Kimberly Ann"
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Men-of-the-West

Friends, Roamers, countrymen, lend me your ears.
    I came to bury Commanderoes not to praise them.
    The evil that men do lives after them;
    The good is oft interred with their bones;
    So let it be with Commanderoes. The noble Paulius
    Hath told you Commanderoes were ambitious:
    If it were so, it was a grievous fault, :mad:
    And grievously hath Commanderoes answered it.
    Here, under leave of Paulius and the rest –
    For Paulius is an honorable man;
    So are they all, all honorable men –
    Come I to speak in Commanderoes' funeral.
    They were my friends, faithful and just to me: :p
    But Paulius says he was ambitious;
    And Paulius an honorable man.
    He hath brought many captives home to Huron,
    Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
    Did this in Commanderoes seem ambitious?
    When that the poor had cried, Commanderoes hath wept.
    Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
    Yet Paulius says they were ambitious;
    And Paulius an honorable man.
    You all did see that on the Lake
    I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
    Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
    Yet Paulius says they were ambitious;
    And, sure, he is an honorable man.
    I speak not to disprove what Paulius spoke,
    But here I am to speak what I do know.
    You all did love them once, not without cause:
    What cause withholds you then to mourn for them?
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason! Bear with me;
    My heart is in the coffin there with Commanderos, :eek:
    And I must pause till it come back to me,.,,,,.
    (At which point Antony mutters, "..., what the hell, go ahead, only make sure we look good; gooderer than themz Commanderos, eh?")

Attached Files:

3. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

Let the Battle Begin!

It is this very Trojan Horse that "Roams" to Huron!

:)
  4. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

Chris Craft Commander Rendezvous, 2009, formal invitation to all Chris Craft Roamers!

Yes indeed, this year we're extending a formal and sincere invitation to our metal hulled brethern, and it's going to be another mark in Chris Craft history you'll want to attend.

As a clarification, in the insterest of accurate and truthful reporting, this was not a Commander Club event, as the Club had nothing what-so-ever to do with the worlds largest gathering of Chris Craft Commanders, Huron, Ohio, 2008. This event was organized by Matt O'Donnell and Tim Toth. ion sharing organization, focusing on the fiberglass Commander series of boats.

Last year we had one Roamer attend, owned by Al Langolis, and it added a lot of spice and interest to the 51 other cruisers attending, Huron Boat Basin and Yacht Club. The KIMBERLY ANN is a beautiful boat, and we are hopeful that it (along with publicity like this) will attract more Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair Roamers to join in the fun, 2009, August 21 - 23.

This was so much fun last year, it's too good not to share. Any Chris Craft cruiser fan, regardless of year, hull construction, or model, would find themselve among friendly and knowledgable Chris Craft boaters here. The people in Ohio are a friendly bunch, they know how to maintain boats to a very high standard, and they also know how to have fun when they get together. This year we'll have more live entertainment, more seminars and dockside activity during the day, and a very special speaker at the fabulous dinner program hosted by the Huron Yacht Club. For all the details, please check out the dedicated promo web page we've set up to announce the event, at chriscraftcommander.org

Due to posters being placed at all the yacht clubs and marinas around Lake Erie allready, including some great publicity at the Cleveland Boat Show, we're anticipating another record breaking attendence of Commanders, and we may also break the record for Roamers too.

Contrary to some boat shows you may have attended in the past, many of which are attended by trailered boats, this one is primarily a "fleet drive-in" of larger craft, average length around 40-feet. A half mile of boats attended last year, it was an opportunity to see almost all the Commander models right there docked side by side. We didn't have a 19 or 23 last year, but we're working on that now and it looks like there may be more than one each of those in 2009. As for the Roamers, they're exotic, more rare than the Commander series, and we are thrilled and very excited to see "what comes out of the woodwork" around the boat rich western basin of Lake Erie.

Regards, cheers, let's go boating !
  5. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Roamers, friends, countrymen,...

SEE DETAILS HERE:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/482183/