Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

Value of 59 steel roamer 35

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by pawmarks, Jul 2, 2008.

1. pawmarks

pawmarks New Member

Value of 1959 steel roamer 35'

This may be a tough call, but I'm considering a trade for one of these, and trying to determine appropriate value.

1959 CC Roamer
    Steel hull
    bottom work down to bare metal and 5 coats pro applied (within a year)
    low hours on recently-rebuilt single engine Isuzu diesel (topend only, I believe)
    Open cockpit has been updated with a professionally-built mahogany nav house.
    Interior is mostly original and needs some help (old stove, no top bunk, table, but no seats, what looks to be original curtains)
    Topside is protected from the elements but hardly spit n polish - needs a lot of sanding and varnish. some of the hardwood painted over, etc.

---

If this is sufficient info to establish a ballpark value, have at it! If not, perhaps I can gather some more details.

Thanks! I rehabbed a CC Wood hull Cavalier a couple years back - this would be my first steel hull.
  2. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

A single engine 35' Roamer?:confused:
  3. pawmarks

pawmarks New Member

Yep - current owner says there were twins and a v-drive before the current plant was installed - but it's a single engine, single screw now.
  4. captdirk

captdirk New Member

Hi,
    I just paid 5K for a '61 35' Steel Roamer with no engines and a lot of projects, but in basically sound shape. What it's worth to you is the question.
    How did they get one engine in the thing? It should be a fuel sipper, if slow.
    ps Has anyone ever put GM 6.2 or 6.5 diesels in a 35 Roamer? Do they fit?