Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta

Insurance cost???

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Redhook98, May 19, 2008.

1. Redhook98

Redhook98 New Member

What are all you guys paying for insurance? For my '63 36-ft Express, I have quotes for $500 for Harbor Insurance (liability, dockside only) from IMIS, and $779 for full through Hagerty.

Is this bad???? Opinions?

Thanks!!
  2. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Insurance

$792 with BoatUS with $760 deductible for 1964 38' Offshore
  3. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

I don't think the $779 for full through Hagerty sounds bad; the $500 from Harbor with the limited coverage does though. What cruising area, deductible, or other limitations apply to the Hagerty though. You have to take that into account when considering the total cost.

My premium is more but my boat is 48 foot, I have a low deductible, a large area for navigation, and other items included I consider important. So when comparing costs make sure to take all factors into consideration. I'd rather pay a little more and know I am covered than get it cheap and find out when I need it I am not as well covered as I thought I was.
  4. insurance

I just dropped my full coverage on my 1963 36' aluminum riviera to port risk for inside storage from BOAT US. The premium dropped from $360 / year to $310 for the PR policy. Thats from Montreal to New Orleans nav limits BTW. ws

Attached Files:

5. roamer48

roamer48 New Member

Is it a wise idea to have full coverage on boats this old, even if you have done a total restore and invested hundreds of thousands of dollars will the insurance companies pay that amount or the amount listed as the current value of a boat approximately 40 to 50 years old. I have often wondered about that as I read this and other forums about older boats.