Click for Llebroc
Click for DeAngelo
Click for Burger
Click for Lurssen
Click for Oceanco
Click for Cheoy Lee
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT CLUBS > Chris Craft Roamer Club > Chris Craft Roamer Discussion > FOUND! Roamer 46

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Closed Thread

FOUND! Roamer 46

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #106 (permalink)

?

Maybe I made mistake or they are out of business, but I think not.. I will look.
The only thing about much house stuff is quality is often lower than marine.. depends.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #107 (permalink)

Spartech is the name.

http://www.spartech.com/marine.html

My error.. here it is Spartech.. qualtiy is high.. supply most of the sliding shower tubes to the marine industry. Site pages appear down.... ?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1958
Maybe I made mistake or they are out of business, but I think not.. I will look.
The only thing about much house stuff is quality is often lower than marine.. depends.
Yes but not always my carbin floor is for house but it works nice teak 7mm click floor
Old 02-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #109 (permalink)

Ok

If it is good then it is good.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #110 (permalink)

I'm with Oneiros on this one...good is good. Calling it marine grade, if that's the only difference, doesn't justify the pricetag bump.

That reminds me of a certain seacock maker who charges $145 for a 1' section of 1/4" round cast acrylic for their strainers. Go online, though, and you can find the identical product (but without their fancy sticker on it) for $16/ft.

I searched spartech's product list, but can't find finished shower enclosures. Either way, the missus wants a steam shower and I can't think of an engineering reason why it can't be done...so that's what she's gonna get. ;-)
Old 02-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #111 (permalink)

'ohcandyman" needs your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1958
I would go to the Roamer site and look up the fellow who has the 46 Roamer he is re-doing.. it has some 8500 visitors on the thread.. he also has a 52 Connie. It is my understandingg the 52 is the best one because the 57 has a greater tendency to "Hog".

thanks for your reply. Actually, I wasn't considering the 57' Connie, rather the 50' and the 52'. I will go to the roamer site. Thanks again
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #112 (permalink)

It looks you can't get to the Spartech Marine page from their home page and when you click on an item on that page it can't find the page the next page, so it could be a division that they don't do anymore and the page is something that no one has bothered to unpublish.

Edit: After doing a little research, Spartech closed their marine operation.
http://ir.spartech.com/phoenix.zhtml...590&highlight=
Old 02-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #113 (permalink)

Marine product

Quote:
Originally Posted by q240z
I'm with Oneiros on this one...good is good. Calling it marine grade, if that's the only difference, doesn't justify the pricetag bump.

That reminds me of a certain seacock maker who charges $145 for a 1' section of 1/4" round cast acrylic for their strainers. Go online, though, and you can find the identical product (but without their fancy sticker on it) for $16/ft.

I searched spartech's product list, but can't find finished shower enclosures. Either way, the missus wants a steam shower and I can't think of an engineering reason why it can't be done...so that's what she's gonna get. ;-)
Up here in northern Sweden where we have brackish water, a salt content of a few thousand, it is not as tough environment in which the cars in the southern part of Sweden, where the salt content in the air can be several percent
Old 05-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #114 (permalink)

Omg!!!

Please let the man finish what he started. Hopefully Q240Z, you haven't been driven away like I, myself and others have been in the past from hijacked threads due to someone getting a bug up their you know what and trying to prove that they have the "better idea". I was enjoying the story of the refit all the way up to this page. I hope you choose to continue.

Looks beautiful, keeps up the good work,

Sean
Old 05-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixitenator
Please let the man finish what he started. Hopefully Q240Z, you haven't been driven away like I, myself and others have been in the past from hijacked threads due to someone getting a bug up their you know what and trying to prove that they have the "better idea". I was enjoying the story of the refit all the way up to this page. I hope you choose to continue.

Looks beautiful, keeps up the good work,

Sean
Hi,

Other than Post 111 from a member who hasn't been here for a while there doesn't seem to have been any major transgression of the thread subject even showers and sea strainers are all part of a refit as big as the one that Q240Z has undertaken.

I don't see where you get the impression someone has an **** insect infestation.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 AM   #116 (permalink)

Thumbs up onward !!!

Looking forward to more progress info q240z
Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
The nasty winter we've been having in the Mid-Atlantic area has given me lots of time to get some head-scratchin' in about what's coming next and how best to get 'er done.

First order of business once the weather gets favorable is to make the hatch in the salon roof disappear. I've been prepping braces and mahogany lumber to scarf the frames back together and have tons of marine ply and fiberglass fixin's, so it's just a matter of getting favorable weather. Of course, we'll have to move appliances in before the roof gets sealed up for good. All in due time...

The missus and I are still debating best approaches for the galley, but it's to the point where general concepts are agreed upon. She's finally accepted the fact that I'm the engineer and she's the designer, which means she's the "boss" but I have god-mode as an option when push comes to shove.

Fortunately, there's been no pushing or shoving...yet.

Anyway, we've pretty much wrapped up the design phase for the aft stateroom. Here's what we have in mind:

Hi
a thought on your aft cabin design. Berths, and in particular double berths, dont need to be full width at the foot. Have you considered rounding off the forward corners so as to follow the curve of the head compartment? even better, why not make the berth taper at the forward end - it doesn't change the size of the bed (or the comfort of those using it) and because you then see more floor space, it makes the whole cabin look bigger and less cramped, especially between the foot and the head door. You can go one further by having a recess at floor level, all around the bed, which makes a dramatic difference to the overall look of the cabin
best
david
Attached Images
Old 05-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixitenator
Looks beautiful, keeps up the good work
Thanks, Sean.

I've been letting the Roamer lie fallow while cracking out the maintenance on my Connie. I should be able to return to the Roamer by July or so.

David, I see what you mean about the bed. But the fuel tank is rectangular and just happens to have the same perimeter dimensions as a standard queen-size mattress. Lining up the pros on one side and the cons on the other, I think it would ultimately come down to a coin toss as to which approach is best. Either way, the tank is already installed so the point is moot.

Why didn't you make that suggestion back in '08, before I had the tank fabricated??? lol
Old 05-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, Sean.

I've been letting the Roamer lie fallow while cracking out the maintenance on my Connie. I should be able to return to the Roamer by July or so.

David, I see what you mean about the bed. But the fuel tank is rectangular and just happens to have the same perimeter dimensions as a standard queen-size mattress. Lining up the pros on one side and the cons on the other, I think it would ultimately come down to a coin toss as to which approach is best. Either way, the tank is already installed so the point is moot.

Why didn't you make that suggestion back in '08, before I had the tank fabricated??? lol
amending the tank won't be difficult - a competant fabricator could do it in situ in a couple of hours and for the loss of a gallon or 2 of fuel you'd have a vastly improved aft cabin.

On the subject of Connies, have you seen the new Pilot House designs for my 1960 62ft Feadship that were rebulididng from keel up...the original 1960 "open-helm" (ie no PH) design was modelled on a Connie and I'm trying to build a PH that is in keeping with and sympatheic to her origins yet look fresh and timeless . Check out my post "Pilothouse Design For Vintage 1960 FEADSHIP 2
best
david
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #120 (permalink)

Actually, David, it would be an enormous job because the tank is fitted to a cradle. Modifying the tank would mean also modifying the cradle. The interior of the boat has also been barrier coated, so then there'd be more epoxy work after the welding was done. And cutting off part of this brand new tank to gain a meaningful amount of not particularly useful interior space in what is essentially a walkway around a bed would mean the loss of roughly 50 gallons of fuel capacity, according to the volume calculator that's built in to google sketchup. Then there are the floors, which are already built around the rectangular cradle/tank assembly...

Like I said, there are pros and cons. But at this stage of the resto, I wouldn't even consider going back and tearing into work that's been done to a perfectly satisfactory result. "Vastly improved," like beauty, is perhaps in the eye of the beholder.
Closed Thread