Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Cross

1964 Roamer Factory paint scheme

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by irwindustro, Apr 24, 2012.

1. irwindustro

irwindustro New Member

While I'm at it, I may as well ask my questions about the original paint scheme. I'm repainting this year and would like to know what the original exterior paint scheme was on the cab. This is a 36' Roamer express boat with hard top.

I'm most interested in the wood beneth the forward and side cab windshields and the area that swoops around the rear end of the fiberglass main cabin top where the Chris Craft logo is located. Was the wood originally painted or finished with varnish. It seems a shame to cover up all of that beautiful wood. Pictures would be nice.

Dusty
    Email Removed!
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This thread, along with the twin cable thread, have been moved to the Roamer area, where they belonged. Additionally, I have removed your email address from this thread. Please read our rules before posting to YF again.
  3. irwindustro

irwindustro New Member

My apologies

Sorry for the rule oversight I will be more careful in the future
  4. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Itz all a (Paint) Scheme

Well, generally speaking CC painted the cabintops with a variety of enamel colors - white and teal green leap to mind. Don't think you shud limit yourself there, but they worked then.
    As for the wood below, have seen several 36 owners finish out these areas in high gloss varnish (Yachtsman 36 - hello!) - so feel free to embellish here (no demerits).
    Hope all is well.
    CHeers!
    -Eric

Attached Files: