Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Helm Window Framing Question

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Alanglois, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

We have a '69 41' Regal that we are replacing the glass in the two fixed fwd helm windows and I'm trying to see if anyone has done this. I have some questions about the frame (is it structural as we would like to remove the individual parts and have re-anodized, how it is constructed and how was it sealed properly from the factory) Has anybody done this?

Al

The Kimberly Ann
    1969 41' Roamer Regal
  2. q240z

q240z New Member

Pix?

Mine's an aluminum/steel frame and it is structural. I, too, have to remove it to replace the glass.
  3. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

Just found out that it is indeed structural and that removal necessitates the dropping or the headliner in the dinette and galley as well as the helm. These are the access points for fastening the frame pieces. I can replace my windows without removing the frame but I can't refinish the pieces of aluminum. We may attempt a painting solution or just buff them out. Also, it will be neccessary to brace the hardtop/bridge if you remove the entire frame.

I have pics but they're too big and I just don't have time to reduce them just now. Will follow later.

Al