Click for Mag Bay Click for Furuno Click for Comfort Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Just placed down payment on this 1965 57' Roamer!

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Puddle Pirate, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

Temporarily stuck in the great white north, Willis
    This one should be kept original and put in a museum. Instead, we plan on making a few mods and living on her. But, we will treat her like a real lady.

Rumer has it she was originally owned a Prime Minister of Canada. He kept her on Lake Erie untill the new owner hauled her over to Lake Of The Woods in MN.
    She is a newly professionaly redone steel hull powered by 8v71's.
    We are hoping a year from this summer to transport her back over to Deluth, MN. and put her back in the water. From there we will head to the E. coast and eventually to warmer climates.

Attached Files:

2. q240z

q240z New Member

Holy smokes, Puddle Pirate, looks like you got a real gem there.

More pix please!

I know, I know...you're in the great white north and it's 50 below... lol
  3. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

See if I can add a few more pics.

Here is a few more.

Attached Files:

4. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

Definitely a nice boat and will make a great liveaboard. Plenty of room for living, entertaining, and enjoying life. Don't let her become a dockqueen like a lot of people do. They collect so much on their decks and inside if they wanted to go out it would take them a week to get ready. You'll enjoy being out on the water in that a lot more than at the dock.

I hope you get a lot of years of enjoyment out of it.
  5. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

on the sea

Yes they should be out on the lake is doing the best of them believe that our boat has been berthed for years, most engine hours on Electricity
  6. wscott52

wscott52 Senior Member

Nice looking boat. I hope you get many happy years out of her.
  7. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

Hey, I finally got my avitar up!

Thanks for all of the great compliments. It really helps build my confidence in knowing that were doing the right thing. It means alot to me.

Its a little over a 500 mile drive over to where the boat is sitting. I cant wait to get back over and spend a little more time snooping around on her.
    Were thinking of naming her the "BBB" triple B stands for Bare Butt Boat.lol
  8. *JU

*JU New Member

Wow, nice find..... especially a 57 footer in Lake of the Woods!!!
    Your right about the drive.....Williston to Duluth is one long day. How did you find out about it. Great story so far. More pictures please!
    JU
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Puddle Pirate,

Avatars MUST be marine related. Please read the rules regarding same. Your current avatar is being removed (again).
  10. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

Owner listed it on ebay one time and I happened to catch it and give him a call. It will more than likely be awhile before I have any more pics, but I will do my best.
  11. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

By the way, it includes the trailer that its sitting on.
  12. q240z

q240z New Member

PP, you got one helluva score there. From 1500 miles away, it looks like a few weeks with a couple of sanders and a gallon or two of varnish will put her right. Good on ya!
  13. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

I've got to agree with q240z that you got one heck of a buy. Post pictures as you progress so we can see her starting to shine again. Congratulations again.
  14. talexander38

talexander38 Member

where do you plan on ending up with her, What did you give for her to if you don't mind telling.
  15. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

I, sent u a personal e-mail but had no reply.

By the way I found out that the rumer of a Prime Minister having been the original owner was false, though he did spend some time on the boat.
    I was able to contact the 2nd owner and he sent me some pics of her in the boat house that was built by the original owners. I'll try to post the pics. And notice the bed covers.

Attached Files:

16. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

Had to go back to MN. last wk end for my grand mothers funeral. She made it to 90 with still a sharp mind just the body gave out.
    So to lighten things up I paid a 5 hr out of the way visit to Lk of the Woods to do a little work on the boat. GREAT THEROPY !!
    I spent 8 hrs pumping and wet vacking about 400 lbs of water and sludge out from undernieth the fuel and water tanks in the aft compartment. After getting her dried out I can see that I'm going to have to pull the tanks out to do some minor replacing of some bracing etc.. sand blast and paint. Looks like fun.
  17. mrfixitenator

mrfixitenator New Member

Looks like one beautiful piece of good ole American iron. I wish you all the best with her and hope you have many enjoyable hours on her. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Mine went the same way, about one month away from 91. Found her about half way through her morning routine.....she just relaxed and went on. Not a day goes by that I miss her. Wish she could take a ride on my Chris when I get her finished.
  18. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to see pics of your boat. How's it going on her?
    By the way I have a Class A CDL though I'm still doing tile work. They are hiring drivers like crazy out here and paying full benifits $20.00 t0 $25.00 per hr. + time and a half over 40 hrs and there running 70 hrs a week behind the wheel. Power Fuels out of Watford City is just one of the company's hiring. Also heavy equipment operators, I've done a bit of that also. Call me if you have ?'s 612-275-4492. Troy
  19. talexander38

talexander38 Member

sorry for returning your e-mail most likely my BB ate it,So whats new with the boat ?
  20. Puddle Pirate

Puddle Pirate Member

Nothing new since my last post. Just another day and another dollar towards working towards the dream.