Click for JetForums
Click for Bering
Click for Trinity
Click for Llebroc
Click for Dockwise
Click for MCC
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT CLUBS > Chris Craft Roamer Club > Chris Craft Roamer Discussion > Just placed down payment on this 1965 57' Roamer!

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Just placed down payment on this 1965 57' Roamer!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Location: Temporarily stuck in the great white north, Williston ND. Where there is more oil than we know what to do with.
Talking

Had to go back to MN. last wk end for my grand mothers funeral. She made it to 90 with still a sharp mind just the body gave out.
So to lighten things up I paid a 5 hr out of the way visit to Lk of the Woods to do a little work on the boat. GREAT THEROPY !!
I spent 8 hrs pumping and wet vacking about 400 lbs of water and sludge out from undernieth the fuel and water tanks in the aft compartment. After getting her dried out I can see that I'm going to have to pull the tanks out to do some minor replacing of some bracing etc.. sand blast and paint. Looks like fun.
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Looks like one beautiful piece of good ole American iron. I wish you all the best with her and hope you have many enjoyable hours on her. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Mine went the same way, about one month away from 91. Found her about half way through her morning routine.....she just relaxed and went on. Not a day goes by that I miss her. Wish she could take a ride on my Chris when I get her finished.
mrfixitenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Location: Temporarily stuck in the great white north, Williston ND. Where there is more oil than we know what to do with.
Wink

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to see pics of your boat. How's it going on her?
By the way I have a Class A CDL though I'm still doing tile work. They are hiring drivers like crazy out here and paying full benifits $20.00 t0 $25.00 per hr. + time and a half over 40 hrs and there running 70 hrs a week behind the wheel. Power Fuels out of Watford City is just one of the company's hiring. Also heavy equipment operators, I've done a bit of that also. Call me if you have ?'s 612-275-4492. Troy
Old 05-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

sorry for returning your e-mail most likely my BB ate it,So whats new with the boat ?
talexander38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nothing new since my last post. Just another day and another dollar towards working towards the dream.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

keep on working
Oneiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

Fellow trucker

I'll work on those pics Troy, but I'll have to warn ya, I've been un-employed so the work is slow. Lucky if I can pull a quarter out of my butt every two weeks. She'll get there, but at least for now she's mine and not in the scrap yard where they were gonna put her.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Name:  196432ftroamerriv.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  161.9 KB
This is the best I can do for now Troy.

Sean,
Old 05-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

Smile

Great pictures Sean! Thanks. Now come on out and go to work! I have an extra bed in the office. It's about the only spare one in town. Lots of good paying driving jobs here right now. give me a call if you want more info 612-275-4492.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quite a nice boat you have there! Five 57's were built that year, my uncle had #4 for many years,(kept it in Duluth for part of those years) so I'm quite familiar with what you have. I'm glad to hear you cleaned out lots of bilge dirt from the hard to reach places, that is a big reason why these boats rust out, gotta keep those bilges clean. Where in Duluth will you keep it? I'm often in Duluth, would like to see it in real life. CD
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

Smile

Thanks Charlie,

I understand that the original owners lived on the N.E end of Lk Erie. The older pics I have posted is of the boat sitting on a lift inside of the boat house they had built before she was even delivered.
It will be a year or two before we get it back over to Lk Supperior. A guy told us of a nice marina on the Wisconsin side, I have it wrote down some where but other than that its up in the air. And like I said, we are a ways of from that worry yet. First I have to get her paid for.
Give me a call, it would be nice to talk to you more about the boat.
612-275-4492.
Troy
Old 09-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

re 2 pPudle Priate

I Would love to see some pic's of the boat lift that raised that boat it could be a perfect application for my situation..it sounds so interesting ...I am middle of designing a heavy duty marine lift for a 46 Roamer..

Thanx for your great idea.'

Hope to hear from u soon

JOE.B

understand that the original owners lived on the N.E end of Lk Erie. The older pics I have posted is of the boat sitting on a lift inside of the boat house they had built before she was even delivered.
It will be a year or two before we get it back over to Lk Supperior. A guy told us of a nice marina on the Wisconsin side, I have it wrote down some where but other than that its up in the air. And like I said, we are a ways of from that worry yet. First I have to get her paid for.
Give me a call, it would be nice to talk to you more about the boat.
612-275-4492.
Troy[/QUOTE]
JOE.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

Joe, These are the only pics I have of the boat lift. Good luck, I hope they help.
Attached Images
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #29 (permalink)

Nice pix!

There are a lot of similarities between the big Roamer you've got and my 52' 1967 Connie.
q240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

Smile

Wellll, show us more. Hope fully we will have ours paid off by the end of May and will have posession of her then. YEAAA.