Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno

Roamer Redirection

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by kkodet, Mar 11, 2009.

1. kkodet

kkodet New Member

Howdy again!

Well, I was the guy that started the 27 aluminum roamer project last summer. I quickly became overwhelmed with it when I found that both engines were junk and the hull needed serious work. I ended up finding her a new home in Traverse City, Mi., and I hope the new owner has better luck with her. I'm kind of regretting the sale of her, but at least I didn't lose anything on it.

Currently I am tinkering with another boat while looking for my next Roamer. I picked up a 1925 Steelcraft runabout 22 footer. She actually runs and floats, and I've used her a few times already. She is powered by a very tired 1940's Chris Craft model M flathead, and will be repowered soon. The nice thing is this boat has an 8 foot beam, so I can trailer her without permits.

I am now looking for a much bigger boat, preferably an aluminum Roamer 35-60 foot with diesels. I'd like to start with a runner, unless the price is too good to pass up. I'll also consider steel roamers and should I say it? Marinettes. If you hear of something in the Great Lakes region, please pass the info on.

Keith