Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Furuno

2004-2005 Roamer 36

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Bryan, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Bryan

Bryan New Member

Hi, I am a new owner of a Roamer 36 and would like to know if there are any members out there that own, or know an owner of, this vessel.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Is the year a typo? Anyway, type Roamer into the search catagory and you'll find a good answer.
  3. Bryan

Bryan New Member

It is indeed a 2004 Roamer 36 - link to video

They only made about 30 or so before dropping the model and sticking with the current 40/43 footer. I'll continue to search the forum to see what might be out there, thanks.

Here's a link to a video of the 2004 Roamer 36 if you're interested. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/chris-craft-roamer-36/1274180200
  4. Yachtguymke

Yachtguymke Senior Member

What info are you looking for?

I used to be a dealer for these boats. Do you have questions on anything in particular?
  5. Bryan

Bryan New Member

After almost 6 months of waiting my Roamer is en route!

Well my Roamer 36 is scheduled to arrive tommorow after nearly 6 months of waiting. I understand from the transport driver that the navy blue gelcoat has become pretty faded. The prior owner had the boat sanded and polished last June so I'm not sure what the best course of action is from here. My marina has a covered slip for me but the current renter will occupy it for another 4 months. Anyone have any suggestions with how to successfully restore their faded navy blue gelcoat?
  6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Wow, 6 months is a long wait for a transport. Where is she coming from?

On the navy hull, a compounding and good wax should bring her back. If not, you may need to repaint with Awlgrip or Imron.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Sanded?:eek: Hopefully you mean compounded. Dark hulls look great at shows, but they are a nightmare to maintain. They show every scratch, rub, bit of salt and they fade. SeaEric gave good advice. Compound and wax and keep it waxed. You can also us a color restorer like McGuires. Painting is an alternative but it usually doesn't hold up to the kind of use a 36 gets and should only be used when all else fails. Once you paint you'll probably be doing it again in not many years.
  8. Bryan

Bryan New Member

Yes, unfortunately the maintenance records that I have show that the gelcoat was "sanded and buffed" last June. I am looking at the detailed invoice and description of services and it says, "if the boat is heavily oxidized it will need to be wet sanded and buffed prior to waxing. He spent $1080 on the complete detail and another $1800 on the sand/buff. Seems like a heck of a lot to me but the fees at the marina and boat yard there were outrageous compared to what I spend here. 3-4 times more! Anyway, the boat is coming to me in Virginia from Lake Tahoe. And yes, 6 months is a heck of a long time to wait! The boat has an interesting history and practically no use. She was first titled in the fall of 2006 has just 110 hours. Unfortunately the intense sun has taken its toll on the finish. Right now I'm just going by what the driver tells me so I'll know a lot more about how bad she is tomorrow, if not Wednesday. I've heard of people that use polishing compound and wax on their faded gelcoats with excellent results but the question is for how long. May be a few months or just a few short weeks. I wish my covered slip was available right away but knowing that I have almost 4 months out in the sun makes me wonder what the best plan is. Sounds like there will be some trial and error involved. :confused: