Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Comfort

Classic Boat Layout Plans

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by coyojosh, Jan 31, 2009.

1. coyojosh

coyojosh New Member

Greetings to all. I am shopping for a vintage Roamer on line and would like to know if anyone has access to or info about the floorplan for a 1968 41' Roamer, aluminum, with twin Detroits.
    Specifically, I would like to know what is under the salon, are the engines aft or midship? I see room for a cuddy cabin but no mention of it.
  2. kips ahoy

kips ahoy New Member

3. kips ahoy

kips ahoy New Member

www.shefveland.com

check out the trip blog! Got ours in Detroit and brought back to Lake City, Mn
    1900 miles
  4. coyojosh

coyojosh New Member

Classic Boat Layout

Thanks Kips Ahoy! I have not yet seen the boat but I have so much positive input I am getting anxious to make her my own. Your comment about all that storage makes it even more tempting.
    I will check out your log.
  5. coyojosh

coyojosh New Member

Classic Boat

Thanks to the Forum, to Kip's Ahoy, and to all my friends for their input, I now realize that I would be missing the opportunity of a lifetime if I let this boat get away from me.
    I have made an offer on the boat and expect it will be accepted in due time. I will then cross the country diagonally, from the frozen Northwest to the sunny Southeast to take delivery.
    A live-aboard harbor has agreed to accept us and I have tentatively agreed to a yearly lease. From her berth there we will easily sail the Florida Keys and beyond.
    Previously I owned another classic Roamer. She was a 32 footer built in 1960 with twin 283's and a steel hull. I was sorry to part with her in the early 90s, but I was moving to the southwest from Kentucky. Tucson has precious little water in which to navigate :)