Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Mulder

2009 Chris Craft Commander/Roamer Rendezvous

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by residoors, Oct 23, 2008.

1. residoors

residoors New Member

The organizers of the 2009 Chris Craft Commander / Roamer Rendezvous would like to extend an invitation to join us Aug 21-23 2009 in beautiful Huron Ohio. This year we decided to step up the fun and ask Chris Craft Roamer owners to join us for a weekend of fun. We have secured the Huron Yacht Club for our Saturday night dinner. We have also secured every dock in the Huron Boat Basin so there will be room for all. We also have a few NEW surprises in store for this year that I’m sure all will enjoy. If you would like to receive updates as they become available feel free to email me at residoors@oh.rr.com or call my cell 440-653-0553.

Here is a link for more info:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/482183/

Matthew T. O’Donnell
    1967 38’ Express FB
    Changing Channels

Attached Files:

2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Roamez vous?

HUZZAH!
    The Commanderos led by Paul Pletcher have long been a stanch ally of the Roamer Club, and deserve much applause for this magnanimous gesture.
    They understand that the "big cats" need to hang together, especially when hunting local prey (Sea Rays) items.
    Naturally, we will be sending our best representatives to the Rendezvous - rest assured, the gears are already turning here in Roamerworld.
    Our only concern is that the Huron Club reserve enuff dock space for some of our larger members, and issue all attendees with fair sized bumpers.
    We wouldnt want anyone having to swim home. :p
    Stay tuned.
    Cheers!
    Eric

Attached Files:

3. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

Thanks for the good words Eric, we would enjoy seeing you and your family up on the big lake this August, if you're able to get close enough to all that resin and fiberglass!

As noted, we had a totally spectacular Roamer attend the 2008 Chris Craft Commander Rendezvous on Lake Erie, and many of us (we Commander owners) had not been aboard one before. Wow, was I stunned. This boat was obviously in the top 1/2 percentile of stellar quality, but the basic boat showed very well too, many interesting features.

Huron is a very easy place to be. It's easy to get there from Toledo (small walking airport, rental cars right there outside the front door) or from Cleveland. Huron is a departure from the heavy urban environment, and it is so refreshing to just get away, and be with fellow Chris Craft boaters. Roamer guys are VERY WELCOME, and we would be delighted to see how many Roamers we can attract to this event in 2009. We know they're out there, but we don't know how many!

I would enjoy discussing details with you if you're interested in attending or providing some sort of direct involvement. Send me an email, I believe you have the address. Naturally, we're also interested if you want to buy the first round at the bar for the entire event too, don't be timid, step on up! :)

Regards, all the best, we would like to see the Roamer Dance in person!

Paul