Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Perko

Corinthian Structure Changes

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by OldSchool33, Jul 7, 2008.

1. OldSchool33

OldSchool33 New Member

For the past year I've owned a 1977 Corinthian and enjoy it. I am however considering a major structural change to the boat and am wanting opinions on it.
    What I'm proposing is to cut out the center section of the transom and either installing a door or using the removed section as a door (to keep the lines intact). The reason for this change is to facilitate easier access from the swim platform. I'm usually moored of with a number of houseboats and my boat is the main access in and out of the water. Nice to have the only cruiser that can actually be tied in the middle of houseboats:)
    Just curious about what a change like that will do to the value although, there doesn't appear to be a lot of Corinthians out there. There seems to be a lot more information about other Chris Craft models.
  2. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

I don't know your boat specifically, however I'd be more concerned with structural integrity than I would sale / resale value sans said transom modification.
  3. cwaysam

cwaysam New Member

let me know if u do it

wow
    there is someone out there who thinks like me. I have a 78 33 corinthian and want to do the same. the access to the swim pform bites. let me know if u do it.