Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Cross

Roamer Offshore

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by heide163, Mar 7, 2008.

1. heide163

heide163 New Member

summers Duluth, MN. winters Ft. Myers, FL
    I have just aquired my second Offshore. The frist one I aquired around 1990 I was the fourth owner and was able to find and tolked to all of the preveus owners. the owner I purshed her from had completly rebilt the boat with new Disels, V Drives, Gen Set, Vacuflush heads, inside completly strip of varnish, restained and new varnish, new paint out side, it also had a fly bridge. I sold it in 1995 and bought a 49 DeFever Piolethouse wich I crused to Central America and back. But I never stoped thinking about my Offshore and even tryed to buy it back servel times times to no avile.
    At Christmass time I ran across a Roamer Offshore named Turtle. She is a 1965, with newer 454 Merc,s. and much restoration all ready completed, this one has the Galley forword wich I havent seen in the earlyer offshores, and we had four Offshores in my aria.
    I am debating how too get the Turtle from Wiss to MN I would like to bring her home on her oun bottem but I have no idea on fuel burn of the engines. Dose anyone have any idea on RPM and fuel burn, or what is the best cruseing speed for this boat with gas engines?
    I am ready to discuss roamer Offshore's with anyone who is interrested, I have had many experances with the Offshore and love each one of them, I am very excited for spring to get here.
    Marvin Heide
    heide163@aol.com
  2. yanademyer

yanademyer New Member

Turtle

That boat was at a marina that I managed a couple years ago in Kewaunee, WI. I was on it when it was being re-wired. I would love to see some pictures of it now, as I only saw it when it was completely torn apart. The owner was putting all new everything in it and on it. Makes me sad though, I think the owner was suffering serious health problems and the fact that you now have it means he never got to live his dream of taking it out on a long cruise. It gave him a dream, though, an it sounds like it is in the hands of someone who will appreciate it and care for it. Due to the date of your post, I bet you would have answered that fuel consumption question already, what did it end up being? I would have guessed .5-.75 mile/gal, depending how you run her. She was a heavy beast.
  3. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Fuel usage

Running on the Tennessee River this past weekend at 8.2 mph, I got 1.25 mph over 32 miles.
  4. heide163

heide163 New Member

Did you send me a persionale-mail, about referbishing a roamer, and telling me about a generator you were takeing out?
    Marvin Heide
  5. heide163

heide163 New Member

Offshore

I have recived several e-mails sence posting my CC Offshore, unfortnetly the person in Wissconsin who e-mailed me that they were concidering removeing there Generator, got lost. My e-mail crashed and I lost the senders name and adress. Will the sender please e-mail me agian.
    Marvin Heide
    heide163@aol.com