Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Abeking

LED's and Nav Lights

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by rbryarly, Feb 12, 2008.

1. rbryarly

rbryarly New Member

I have a 1940 CC Enclosed Bridge wooden boat. I am interested in what it would take to exchange out my old (and original) incandescent navigation light sockets and bulbs and use some LED's within the original chrome housings. I guess I am looking for white lights as the nav lights have colored lenses. From what little reading I have been able to do, it looks like you need to use transformers in some cases. My use would be 12V. Does anyone know of a wiring schematic that would be available? My anchor light socket is bad, so I am thinking LED's might be better and more weather resistant and maybe even brighter.
    Thx,
    OLE CHRIS
  2. CaptainSilva

CaptainSilva Senior Member

You might be able to save yourself some time and headaches. Depending on the style bulb you currently have, you may be able to just replace the bulb. There's a few companies out there right now that have come up with bayonet and festoon type base bulbs using LED's instead of the conventional filament type bulbs. Check out Ancor's website...they have a few bulbs like what you may be looking for.
  3. rbryarly

rbryarly New Member

1940 CC Enclosed Bridge

Captain Silva
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will go take a look and see if I can find a bulb to fit the existing sockets. I appreciate the help.
    Thx
    rbryarly
  4. CaptainSilva

CaptainSilva Senior Member

You're welcome.

Let me know how you make out...I can point you in the right direction if you find yourself having trouble.